“Okay, I’ll start from the beginning. I was picking Lana up from detention, then suddenly we heard a scream coming from inside the school. Figuring someone was in trouble, we tried to get back in, only to find the doors were locked. So that’s when we broke in. And Gerard, you were working late, which I assume you were, heard the scream as well and came to see what happened. That’s when we all met each other here, to find the woman on the floor.”

“Alright genius that was the easy part, what about the bucket of water?” Mr. Way grimaced.

“I was getting to that Gerard, if you could shut the fuck up please.” Frank glared at him.

“HEY. We’re not doing this again.” I barked at the two of them.

“Right, whatever. I was thinking we could set a fire, what other reason would Lana have to throw water everywhere?” Frank said.

What? Set a fire? Are you fucking crazy? Don’t you think the fire department would be smarter than that? How do you plan on setting a fire in a nurse’s office that didn’t look intentional?” I facepalmed.

“Well then. Do you have any better ideas?” Frank looked at me agitated. This entire situation was taking a toll on everyone.

“Yes, I do. Why don’t we just clean up the water on the floor and put the bucket back where I found it? It’s not even touching her body, we’re overthinking this.” I sighed at our stupidity.

“Shit, you’re right. The only thing left would be the towel. Use it to dry yourself after you take a shower then take it home and burn it.” Frank replied.

“Burn it? Isn’t that a little drastic?” I raised an eyebrow.

“We can’t take any chances. It’s going to be hard enough to convince the police this was an accident. They’ll search this entire room to find a reason for her coming in here and fainting.” Mr. Way added, a troubled look on his face.

“I didn’t even think of that. Well what the fuck are we going to say we think happened?” I bit my lip furiously.

“We can figure that out later. Right now, we need to get you cleaned and dressed. Gerard, while we’re gone, you clean up the water and check the room for anything suspicious.” Mr. Way gave him an ‘A-Okay’ sign and began wiping up the puddle with some paper towels. Frank scooped my clothes off the floor and grabbed my wrist, leading me out of the office.

When we left it felt like a weight had been lifted, there’d been so much tension inside that room. I followed behind Frank, now intertwining my fingers with his.

“I’m sorry this happened.” He mumbled, squeezing my hand.

“It’s okay.” I whispered, squeezing back.

“It’s not. If I hadn’t gotten jealous over that fucking kid none of this would have happened. I dragged you into this.” Now hearing him actually say this, I didn’t feel so angry at him.

“I said it’s okay Frank.” I pushed. He glanced back at me once, a guilty look still plastered on his face.

We kept walking for another couple minutes till we made our way to the girl’s locker room.

“Do you want me to wait out here?” He asked, leaning against a wall.

“No. Taking a shower in the dark is scary enough. I don’t want to be alone in a locker room, It screams horror film.” I giggled softly. He nodded and escorted me in.

“I’m going to put your clothes here.” He said, placing them on a bench near the shower. He then went and stood by the locker room door.

“You’re going to stand all the way over there?” I gulped. He raised an eyebrow.