“D-..D-Do you need some help up?” Mr. Way stuttered, looking away. I could see a light blush across his cheeks as clear as daylight.

I scrunched my face up, unable to make sense of his behavior. He whispered something to Mr. Toro that caused him to look down to where I was sitting, and then look back up, blushing in the same manner that Mr. Way was.

What?

I glanced down as well, and gasped louder than I’d ever gasped before.

Due to falling, my dress had hiked up, exposing my legs and my lacy pink underwear. I was practically sitting naked in front of two teachers.

My face flushed completely red. I jumped up shrieking and pulling my dress down simultaneously.

“I-I won’t talk about this if you won’t.” I blurted, not wanting to meet their eyes.

“Deal. We never saw you.” Mr. Way coughed and hurriedly walked past me, Mr. Toro following.

I watched as the two men frantically walked into the school, not looking back even once.

After the initial shock of getting ‘exposed’ I couldn’t help but laugh at their reactions. They acted like they’d committed some mortal sin by looking.

I snickered and got into my car. Doesn’t matter, I just got my free pass out of detention. Sometimes it was great to be a girl.

I sped off the school campus, wondering where I would go next. I had some ideas.

I pulled into an iHop and parked my car. I would start my fabulous day with a stack of pancakes and a coffee.

I couldn’t go home just yet cause my mom didn’t leave for work till 12. It was barely 9 o’clock.

You could go to Frank’s. A voice whispered in my head.

No. No I couldn’t, shut up brain.

That plan wouldn’t work anyways because one I’d be imposing, and two I couldn’t drive my car anywhere near the house. My mom would recognize it right away.

I cut the engine and got out, I would think of what to do when the time came.

Now, pancakes.

I was seated almost immediately because there weren’t that many people inside.

As I waited for someone to come take my order, I smiled to myself. This was my first time eating somewhere on my own and actually paying for it. It sounded stupid but I felt like such a grown up. A grown up that was skipping school.

A young guy made his way to my table, “Good morning Miss, what can I get for you?” He smiled warmly. He was handsome, he looked no older than 21.

“Could I have an order of blueberry pancakes please?” I grinned to myself. I would tap that.

Gross, I sounded like a dude haha.

“You sure can. Would you like some coffee with that?” He grinned back.

“Please.” I replied. When he walked away I began giggling to myself.

This was fun, pretending to be an adult and such.

“Lana?” A male’s voice appeared from behind me and I froze. I turned around slowly; thinking I’d been caught by someone from school.

I was met with familiar hazel eyes and relaxed. Only to go tense again when I realized whom it was. He eats at iHop?

“H-Hi. Frank.” I waved to him and frantically turned back around in my seat.

Just pretend like you don’t know him, maybe he’ll go away.