While the group were in the cafeteria talking, Kirishima was once again was sitting alone in a toilet stall. He couldn't face Kaminari after what he'd seen. He couldn't face anyone - they'd all seen him the most upset he'd been in a long time. He hated people seeing him upset so he just wanted to avoid everyone.

As he was sitting on the toilet trying not to cry again, he received a text from Bakugou.

'Hey, I'm not sure where you are right now or why you're avoiding us all but we really just want to help you through whatever's going on. We hate seeing you so upset because it's so out of character for you, so if there's anyway we can bring that bright, contagious smile back on your face, we're here.'

Kirishima stared at his phone for a minute, in awe at the concern Bakugou of all people was showing. He began to cry again. He was worrying his friends, he should just pretend like everything is okay right? He hated worrying people.

'Thanks Bakugou, I'm thinking of asking my mum to pick me up and take me home because I feel kinda ill so I may not see you again til tomorrow. I'll be better by then, thank you for the concern.'

He was going to pretend like everything was okay even though it wasn't. It hurt so much but he had to deal with it if he wanted to keep Kaminari in his life. Anyway, if Jiro was what made Kaminari happy then at least Kirishima would see him happy, even if it's not because of him.

He texted his mum about feeling ill, which admittedly he did feel sick but he wasn't ill, just heartbroken. The endless thoughts buzzing around his head made his heart hurt and his stomach sick. He just wanted to lie in bed and cry. His mother agreed to pick him up and he made his way to reception to wait for her. When she arrived she hugged him and then took him to her car.

"Honey, are you actually ill? Or has something happened? I can tell you're really upset about something." She asked as she started up the car. She could always tell when something wasn't right and he was so thankful to have such a caring mother.

"Honestly, I'm really upset." He paused for a second, thinking of if he should really tell her or not, she'd been supportive over the past few weeks of his feelings for Kaminari and he knew she'd understand why he was upset. "I think Kaminari and Jiro are tog-" He was cut off by the lump forming in his throat as he began to cry again. His mother turned to look at him, her expression filled with concern. She couldn't hug him because she was driving but she was definitely going to give him the biggest hug of his life when they got home.

"Why do you think that? Has something happened or are you making assumptions?" He wished he was just making assumptions but he saw what he saw, he wished he hadn't seen it, but maybe seeing it was better than being oblivious to their relationship.

"They were kissing after Jiro confessed her feelings." He spoke with shaky breath as he tried to stop his tears. He wanted to be the one confessing and kissing him. It wasn't fair that his chances were taken from him. He wanted so badly to just text Kaminari right then that he liked him.

"Honey I'm sorry, maybe there's still a chance he said no? I know it's not likely since they were kissing but you didn't hear him say whether he liked her or not." She had a point, but Kirishima was so in doubt about himself even being likeable at that point that it seemed impossible for Kaminari to like him back.

Kirishima suddenly remembered the state his mother was in this morning and felt bad for having her worry about him once again. "By the way mum are you okay? You seemed to be in bad shape this morning." She remained silent for a few seconds, thinking of what to say.

"I'm okay honey, don't worry about me." She flashed him a smile and he decided not to question her further.

He remained silent, and so did his mother, and when they arrived home, his mother had to leave for work and he went to his room to lie on his bed, he wanted to sleep and forget everything that had happened that day.