Speaking that, we already have our belongings packed in our bags slouching in the trunk of my car. When we arrive at the beach, there's already a gush of cool wind brushing against our legs from the ocean currents.

"Oooh," Chloe breathes. "I'm already feeling chilly."
"Well thanks to that, there's some hot guys on shore." Angie says, keeping the sun out of her eyes by keeping her hand above her head.
"Well come on ladies."

We lay out a huge palette on the sandy shore, of course me planning to collect seashells or build up sand castles. I already have my bikini on as undergarments when we take our clothes off by our spot. I have on a simple navy blue two piece when the others are in more high fashion swimwear. I don't plan much although dad is always stern on me being antisocial and my friends have to bring the talking side of me.

But I just sit alone, shaping sand together, building it in my hands to create three mounds as some janky fortress. I find a stick and stick it at the top of one of the hills as a tribute to a lonesome girl forever alone trash at playing with sand. I see the girls in the distance playing volleyball, letting guys take off their tops, running by the lapping shore, guys rubbing sunscreen on their body, sliding their hand underneath their bathing suit. I just shake my head in a vacant stare until I hear a loud stomp landing on my broke down sandcastle.

"Hey!" I yell but I meet a familiar pair of baby blue eyes stretching their own lagoon in a pair of sockets.
"Felicity?" It's Heath, what'd he be doing here.
"Heath, wasn't expecting you." I try to say sternly to keep my guard up from his glorified gaze.
"Wasn't expecting you, especially without four eyes," he seems slightly more relaxed. "So who was your ride?"
"I came here for my friend's birthday, right now they're having their feminine boners with some beach guys over there. Already tagged along with them?" I sarcastically ask, but I wouldn't be surprised.
"No, I was busy surfing all the way down there," he points far along from the ocean front. "What're you doing here sitting alone, working your pretty hands on the seashore. No beauty like you should be spending her time like a loser."

I roll my eyes, "I guess I didn't really plan out for the day, don't know what to do here obviously."
"I have tons of stuff planned, you can chill with me until your friends decide play time's over." He offers like I don't know his deal.
"Like I'd let that happen." I push him away.
"Oh come on, give me some slack," He tempts. "It'll be nice enough to know the person you know."

I guess he was right, with his man bun and his toned physique, it was least amusing to go along his tricks.

"Fine." I huff.
"Yay, now come on."

He lifts me from our beach towels and pulls me along with him to the foreshore. There's ice cream stands, lifeguards, thousands of people crowding the water, and I guess I was so far back that I didn't notice any of this.

"Where are you taking me?" I say, getting kicks of sand in my mouth and eyes as were jogging somewhere up to the water.
"I'm taking you surfing." He answers.
"Surfing?"
"Yeah, it'll be awesome. You'll love it."

I see in his other hand, he has a surfboard. It's abstracted with artwork of a huge skull breathing out fire, drawing by orange and soots of blue, causing mermaids to die over huge boulders of rocks in only their skeletons and their flying hair. That just had to encourage the moment, I never surfed before. The water pushes back and forth over our feet and ankles, giving me goosebumps of both thinking of the moment and being with him to jinx my luck being here.

"Heath, I've never surfed before." I shiver, but he takes me further in the water.
"It's okay, I won't push you too far, remember I'm just keeping you company. I'll keep it basic with you." He smirks his cocky smirk, which slightly gives me a drone of hope, but he still looks sneaky.
"I hate you."

We go further in the blue expanse as I feel the water chilling at my waist from sitting on top of the surfboard. Heath's sitting behind me, his hands affixed on my waist, arrogant as he smirks, holding us atop the calm tides.

"Ok, this board is pretty long, and since of that, it'll balance our body based on its volume to capable our durability. You'd want to keep watch of the water and it's surface, if it's too much of a wave, you'd want to keep watch of your body or else just go back on shore," His calm voice brushes against my shoulder as he guides me in lesson. "It's more comfortable if you're suitable with the water, your body gets used to it so you have more of an approach with what you're doing."

He climbs himself off the surfboard and I quickly cling to the edges of the board, feeling the water become more subtle to me when he leaves himself in the water.

"It's okay," he chuckles. "I'm gonna stay here by you until you decide to chase me in hatred through the water."
I feel more colder but he puts his hand on my thigh.
"Lie down." He says and I oblige.
"Keep your head high and paddle your hands through the water." I waddle my hands beside me, looking back and forth at Heath as his voice is mushing inside my body.
"Keep watch of your positioning, and any fish in you mouth. You may find some along the way," he tells me before I smile and I can tell he's trying to make the situation better.
"Now, push your body up and carefully balance on the board while you're at it."

His eyes are on me, and I'm afraid if I have sand on my butt, like it's a Kick Me sign with people actually doing it. I bring up myself with my hands under my chest, my body angling downward as so he's telling me. I carefully grace my palms along the curves of the surfboard, practicing my stance before I could stand up. I quickly bring my feet up after my knees, and I feel like I wanna stay in the way my body was slightly evolving as it's shaking on the ripping tides.

"Good good, now just carefully stand up from where your body was sitting," He tutors and I do so. "Now bring your right foot out, in what they call the 'goofy foot' or as I just remember it, the 'hokey pokey'."

I stand on top of the board, surfacing myself on the tearing shades and just for that quick moment, I smile at him.

Later on, we sit on the beach, wrapped in towels, eating fried mozzarella corn dogs and drinking bottles of Coke. I have my head on his shoulder and he leans on top of mine, our heads fielding in some type of easier whisper. The sun was setting as we talked, the water still washing up ashore and people screaming in cheer while they were teaming their own games.

"That was nice of you," I say. "To teach me to surf. I get so paranoid in that big layer of water, ya know?"
I feel his head nod, "It was fun seeing something that I know and you didn't. Finally get something in that smart head of yours."
I laugh, "It was only of that benefit."
"Ahem."
"Ok, maybe that too, but so far as intelligence I still have a bigger balance."

He wasn't so much of a bargain if you'd come to think about it, but his way of social activity was still troubling me.

"I can tell you're thinking about something." He says.
"About what?" I play off his concern.
"I don't know, it just seemed like a worry would occur to you." He smirks as he lays his head on my lap.
"Ya know when that day Bodhi brought me over and you came in while I was sleeping...why'd you touch me?" I query and his vibrant eyes lash at me.
"Don't feel like you're a sheep in the moment," he first says. "I just have my way of competition, some bad boys like going after the good girls. It's always sweet to see their pretty minds change two seconds after you do something to them. Whether it's a kiss, an invitation, a compliment, I don't know, five hundred pages out of a book?"

A giggle slips out of my mouth, to my surprise, right when he said that. It brightens his smile into showing his teeth and he sits up to face more supplementary to my face.

"But to answer your question," he leans closer to me. "It's so damn hot to hear the girl cry wolf."

And he kisses me.