22 Release the Hounds

POV Anna

In Tiana’s place was a girl named Alice. She was the last one who saw Elsa alive and well. She wanted to come with us, to show us the way that would be the safest to Atlantica. She told us that she had had it from sitting inside that place. Besides she misses her boyfriend who is a hat maker in Atlantica. It figures out why she wanted to join us.

“So why wouldn’t you stay safe in Norway?” Alice asks me while we walk in the field area. We were out of the city now. Unfortunately our vehicles were useless since we ran out of gas. “I needed to find my sister, I really want to be there for her. Even though she doesn’t believe in it, I think that we are stronger together,” I smiled to Alice who nodded in approval.

“Hush!” Johnny told us and pointed towards the edge of the fields. There were people coming toward us. “Do you think they’re friendly'?” I whispered to Kristoff who stared towards the sight. “THEY’RE NOT FRIENDLY!” It was Peter who ran towards us with Marc. They had been scouting forward, checking that the route would be clear. “The zombies are coming!” Marc yelled.

We all started to run and the zombies approached us from every direction. Alice took smooth swifts with her pipe, she swung it in the air and hit the zombies in their heads. Smashing their skulls. I used a knife, the same one that my ex Hans used to stab me. I imagined that the zombie I was stabbing in the head would actually be Hans. It was quite satisfying really.

“Why didn’t you call us with the radio!” Mavis yelled to Peter while we run. Alexa shot the further away being zombies with her shotgun. The heads exploded when the shot hit them. She was clearing the route for us to escape, run forward. “It went dead!” Peter laughed. “What the fudge is funny!” Johnny yelled. “It was dead, you know,” Peter laughed nervously when he sniped two zombies.

Johnny took out a bomb, he pulled the pinch out and he threw it behind of us. “Duck!” Johnny yelled and jumped to ground. “What duck? Where?” Alexa looked around her and Kristoff pulled her down just in time before the explosion split the air. Body parts flew around us and a chunk of flesh made a splat in front of me.

“Run, run!” Marc yelled and we all ran to forest. I was getting out of breath. “In here!” Alice yelled and we ran after her. We saw a mansion in front of us. “A rich guy uses this as his summer holiday place!” Alice yelled to us when she smashed one window from the extravagant looking door with colored glass. She unlocked the door and we all stepped inside. We barricaded the door.

“Phew! That sure was hell of a run!” Peter chuckled and I saw Johnny falling to ground and laying on his back. He carried a big bag on his back the whole time filled with weapons, bombs and the radio. No wonder that he is exhausted. Kristoff was wiping sweat from his face and I tried to catch my breath. “We made it!” Marc yelled and hugged Alexa who gasped for air.

“Why are you in my home?” We heard a voice coming from upstairs. We turned around and a man was standing in the end of the staircase that was going to second floor. With his hand on the railing he walked downstairs.

“There is a hell on the loose!” Mavis yelled to him. “We just need some shelter,” I told to the man. His expression was a bit cold, it reminded me of Elsa when she turned her back at me. Right after our accident. We were skating, practicing to our skating competition. She was supposed to catch me, hold me in the air but something went wrong. I hit my head badly and layed in the hospital for six months. I don’t remember much. I was just 13 years old back then and my skating career ended there. Elsa blamed herself for that. Not long after that our parents died. It was awful time but slowly we are getting closer.

“Why are you here?” The man asked again coldly. He was slender built, with long light auburn hair and blue eyes. I noticed that he dressed like a noble. “Hey, what is it?” A girl came from the shadows. The girl exhaled loudly, “You’re alright!” Then I knew who she was. “Belle!” I yelled and ran to hug her.