Chapter 12

Warning, this chapter will involve gun violence. So if you are offended or get upset by any of this topic then you don't have to read.

Lily

I cannot wait to go home today. I am now to the point where I am tired of school. Oh my gosh. What has happened to me since my relationship with Michael? I have changed.

But I really don't care because Michael is worth it. Study hall is almost over and I just really want to go to Michael's house after school. Him and I are making out in between two bookshelves in the library. I laughed then pushed him away and he hit his head on the bookshelf. He was laughing to the point where people were staring at us.

He tried to kiss me again but I pushed him away. "Dude you need to stop. I need to focus." I told him. He giggled. "I'm serious, I have an essay to write." I said as I stared down at my binder which had a blank piece of paper on top of it. Michael snatched the piece of paper and crumpled it into a ball and threw it across the shelf.

"That doesn't matter." He said. I shook my head. "Yes it does I have to pass." I laughed. He rolled his eyes and crawled over to kiss me. I returned the favor and then I moved away from him. "I have to use the bathroom, I'll be back." I informed him as I walked away to the door.

Quickly I made it to the bathroom and bolted to the first stall that I see. As I flush the toilet I am about to exit the stall and go to the sink. But my plan was forced to change. I was calm, and now I am filled with fear. The only sound which filled my ears was a gun being fired right outside.

Michael

What the hell was that? I have never heard anything as loud as whatever that is. "Attention everyone! There is an intruder who escaped from the mental hospital in the school and we are doing everything we can! Please lock all doors immediately!" The principal yelled through the intercom. The librarian walked over to the door with a key in her hand. Shit!

Lily isn't in the room. I run over to the librarian who was just about to insert the key to lock the door. "Stop! You can't lock the door my girlfriend isn't in here yet!" I panicked. "I'm sorry Michael, but she's just going to have to find another place for security." She explained. I am so disgusted with this bitch.

She basically just said that Lily is on her own. She also sounds really stupid since this psycho could be anywhere in the school. I shoved her out of the way. I know that was rude but I had no choice and this was the only way that Lily could get to safety. Plus this woman was such a bitch and I couldn't stand her at the moment.

I ran out of the library and shortly made it to the girl's bathroom.

Lily

I have never been this shaken in my whole life. I squat on the toilet only praying that nobody walks in and that this could all just be over. It's is so silent in here to the point where even my breathing seems loud. I just want to leave in peace and be safe.

Only until I became even more scared when I heard the door slowly open and footsteps. Shit. I have no idea what to do right now. I've never been in a horrifying situation as this. I glimpse down at the floor.

Behind the stall door I noticed a pair of black and white Adidas sneakers. I could recognize those sneakers from about a mile away. "Michael?" I softly said. "Lily it's ok, open the door." He ordered. I push the metal latch to the right and unlock the door.

All which I could think to do was hug him. He held he until I was calmed down. "Michael what the fuck is going on?" I interrogated scared. "Baby. There is someone in the building with a gun. We need to go to the nearest exit and go home." He explained with his hands on my neck. I had no choice but to only follow along with what he said.

He cupped my wrist and we immediately began to walk as fast as we could to the nearest exit. Suddenly, we came across a man. He was taller than Michael and I could ever be. You could tell that he just didn't belong in a school because to me he looked utterly insane. That is just a horrifying sight to see.

Both of us were frozen. I couldn't even think. This man did not even think twice before he pulled the trigger. This bullet would be going straight toward Michael. Oh no.

This cannot be happening so quickly in so little time. As I said I wasn't even thinking. I decided to leap right in front of Michael then I felt a sharp pain in between my collarbone and chest. I was shocked by the incident which just occured. But so much adrenaline was rushing through me to where I felt numb.

Michael knelt down with tears already rolling down his cheeks. I only grabbed his hand with all of my might.

Michael

I am devastated right now. No. She didn't do this for me. Why did she? What was going through her head when she chose to do that?

It should have been me. I don't deserve her, I never have and I never will. A flood of emotions are going through me. Saddness, guilt, anger. Lily is holding onto my hand so tightly to the point where I'm loosing my circulation.

"Just hold on baby, you're going to be fine." I tried to sooth her. I heard a loud bang and saw the sick human being go down. The police were here. Thank god. I go right back to Lily.

She didn't say anything. "Baby you're going to get through this.", she closes her eyes, "No don't close your eyes! Please don't leave me Lily! Stay with me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I have never cried in such a way before. An officer tried to remove me from her and I refused to let go of her. "Young man we need to escort you outside right now." The officer told me.

I couldn't move even a muscle away from her. I want to be at her side this whole entire time. "No!" I kicked and screamed like a small child. "We will take care of her but right now we really need you to go outside" The officer demanded annoyed. I stomped away and eventually made it out to the front yard of my school to see yellow tape surrounding it.

I sigh as I take in the fresh air and walk down the few steps. This place was filled with news broadcasters. One beautiful woman with short brown hair and a suit on approached me with a microphone. "Hi. Can I have an interview with you?" She asked me. I was going to let her only because she was kind to me about it.

"Alright, so what exactly happened in that building?" She interviewed. When I was going to answer, I could see a cot being carried down the steps. I stared at it more intently to see Lily laying down on the cot and a breather on top of her nose allowing her to have air. I informed the reporter that I will be right back and bolted over to Lily and walked along with the group supporting the cot. I was right to where she noticed me.

"Lily you're alive! You're going to be fine!" I yelled stunned and crying with joy. Her eyes locked on me and I knew that she wasn't capable of saying anything. "I love you", they were moving her into the ambulance van and I stepped in there, "I'm coming with you."