17. All of a sudden

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, I feel bad for him.”

“Don’t worry, the old man will get better if we visit him.” we laughed and then exchanged our goodbyes.

I looked outside again to take a look of my favourite player but found no one.

“They are went inside just now.” one of the girls from downstairs said.

“Thanks for letting me know.” I snapped out and went inside. Why was she so concern anyways?

I ran to the door as the doorbell rang and opened it, to find Granny smiling at me.

“Hey Gran, back from your kitty party?” I said with a grin.

She laughed and spoke, “It wasn’t a kitty party.”

Then continued, “Oh, I made some pasta and snacks, would you like to join?”

“Of course, who can say no to your delicious food?” I spoke and gestured her to get in.

“Oh no, I’ll get the plates ready for you kids.” she smiled and turned toward her house.

“Wait Gran, what do you mean by ‘you kids’?” I asked, following her.

She smiled and answered, ”Oh, I invited Ryan his friends”

Damn it!

_

_

After locking my apartment, I walked to Gran’s. Sound of people laughing and talking was audible clearly from inside.

I rang the bell and waited for someone to open, mostly Gran as I didn’t want anyone else to do so.

“Jade.” well, when have the God blesses me with such great luck because the person who opened it was the one I wanted the least to do so.

“Ryan.” I mocked him.

“Come on in.“,Ryan smiled at me charmingly,

I was filled with confusing up to the brim. What was going on in his head? He was talking to me?

I pushed him aside and entered in. Everyone was sitting on the dining table, talking and enjoying themselves.

Dillan, Ash, Ian, Garry and to my surprise, May as well.

Garry might have tagged her along.

Gran came out of her kitchen and spoke,”Hey Cookie, grab yourself a sit, we’re about to start.” She looked behind me and then continued,”You too Ryan.”

I turned my head a little to take a look at him. His hair looked darker as they were still wet, he wore a grey hoodie and looked extremely handsome. The part I loved a lot when he folded his sleeves and his strong forearm would be visible.

He cocked his eyebrow at me and that resulted me to quickly grab a sit next to Ash.      

“Hey Jade.” He spoke, smiling.

“What’s up with the weirdo?” I hissed near his ear.

Ash seemed to be confused for a second but then he looked at Ryan, who was sitting next to me, and then he knew what I was talking about as his lips twitched into a smirk.

“Why are you smirking?” I whispered.

“Nothing.” he spoke with amusement, clear that he knew something that I didn’t.

“What have you done Ash?” I asked.

“Nothing much, just got some sense into your ‘weirdo’.” he pressured on ‘your’.