Chapter 21: The Ball of Death

Loud slaps of skin filled the air in an echo. The noises were cringe-worthy but easily overpowered. You sat at a small table sat out upon the deck of the Sunny, watching over the game of volleyball between many of the boys. It looked fun, very fun, it was a game you used to play in your youth at home with your brother while mother and father were working their tailbone off. Unfortunately, over the years, the rules of the game were no longer familiar and memories were faded to a dusty fog.

Chopper sat on your lap watching the game as well while you carefully lifted some weights with one arm slung over the back of the chair. Chopper clapped with shy giggles whenever Luffy whined about losing a point or if one of the boys fell, then an array of laughter was to follow. Robin wasn't really interested as she sat to your right, going through the weekly newspaper with Nami hovering over her shoulder. Nami collected new bounty posters from the paper and named off a few, some rather depressing. Especially Kid's, the prisoner below deck, his poster said he was wanted only dead with no further explanation. In which, since his appearance, the crew knew of that change but great news for him as well. No way anybody was going to take his life with you and most importantly Luffy around being the pure teenager he was. It was unfortunately undecided on what shall come to the former captain.

"Wow, look at that," You glanced over at the girls, setting down your weight to lie upon the deck, and scooped up two wanted posters Nami had sat upon the face of the table. Your own, and a blonde man of whom you've met only a few times before. Each confrontation shorter than the last. "That's a first... Now they're really prioritizing my capture if I have a larger bounty than scarface," you whistled examining the two posters side by side. Your bounty was now 700,000,000 berries. 200 million larger than the last printed bounty from easily five to eight months beforehand. Now you were more wanted than Luffy's brother and 2nd of the Revolutionary Army, Sabo.

"To prioritize you over the Revolutionary Army really says something," Robin commented while examining Sabo's Wanted Poster firsthand. "I keep forgetting you and Sabo have quarreled before."

"Only to save your ass," you snickered. "Too bad I'm weak now, I'd love to fight him again." Yes, everytime you and Robin had crossed paths over the time skip Sabo and once in a while Dragon came to her rescue being a valuable asset and all. You knew better than to mess with Dragon, you respected the man greatly, but Sabo was just another face. Being you had a shadow devil fruit, he always had the upper hand and so you were always found making a quick getaway. Sabo, much like Sanji, was a worthy opponent indeed.

"I'm sure he'd love to," Robin grinned. "I've informed Dragon when you first joined our crew that you're practically a Revolutionary."

"You... Did?" You were speechless, to say the least.

"Did you not want that?" Robin frowned. "Since joining us you've stopped attacks on the Revolutionaries, and your beliefs work hand in hand with them. It might even explain your raise in bounty," since Robin explained her side of the story, you eased in and welcomed that fact. Robin wasn't wrong in the slightest, you were better off a Revolutionary years back. Why not start now?

"Yeah," you agreed, picking up your weights once again from within your seat. "It only means more trouble for us though..."

"I wouldn't say that," Nami spoke nearly sarcastically. "Nah we're screwed..." Robin elbowed Nami from where she stood.

"At least I'm working to get my strength up... By force from Zoro and Chopper, unfortunately," days ago, once you could actually stand on your own for a change, Chopper and Law talked about rehabilitation and therapy to build up the muscles within your body since the surgery stripped you of your superhuman capabilities. Zoro gladly forked over some of his old handheld weights for you to use, in which you try to use every moment you could.