Chapter 14

Back to Central. I finally made it back to Central. I walked around as a different person. I changed into someone who will never exist because I need to do something that could get me into trouble. I had to get rid of the one person who would keep coming after me. Richard. I had to get rid of his woman as well. It wasn't going to be a fun job since I stopped killing people. I was almost to his house when I was stopped. I was stopped by my own thoughts. I decided to go against it and walked towards the apartment. I know I should have done it, but I'm sure he'll probably do something that will get the police involved. When I walked into the apartment building, one of Y/N's friends was working the desk.

"Good evening, sir," she smiled.

"Lindsay?"

"Yes?"

"Is Y/N here?"

"Yes. Why?"

I changed back into myself. I forgot I was still that person. "I'm looking for her."

"Envy, I thought you died."

"It'll take more than a bullet to the head and a twenty foot drop into a twenty feet deep lake to kill me. I'm a homunculus, remember?"

"That's right. Where have you been? Y/N hasn't come out in two and a half weeks! She was working from the apartment. Telling her boss she needed to take some time off because she was going through 'emotional trauma' after her father passed away. He really didn't."

"She hasn't left her apartment since I disappeared?"

"Yeah. She even thought about asking the police to help her look for you."

"I knew she'd be here. That's why I told her to stay where she was. That I'd come looking for her. I didn't know where I was going to end up."

"Where did you end up?"

"Resembool."

"All the way out there? Did you see the Elric brothers?"

"I did."

"How are they? They stopped in here thinking it was a hotel."

"They're fine. Ed has his limbs back. Al has his body back. Everything is going fine for them."

"Great to know they're doing better."

"Yeah."

"I think you should surprise, Y/N."

"Think so?"

"Yeah. Whoever you were just a few moments ago, go up to her apartment and surprise her."

I nodded and did just that. I walked up to her floor and found her room. I knocked on her door and she came to the door. She looked like a mess. Tired eyes, baggy clothing, and her hair was unkempt.

"Y/N?"

"Who are you? I think I would remember seeing you before."

"You have," I said.

"I have?"

"Please let me in."

"You're a stranger. Why would I let a stranger in?"

"I'm no stranger to you, Y/N."

"Please, tell me who you are."

"If you let me in, I'll tell you who I am."

She sighed and let me in. I closed the door and changed back into who I was. Her face brightened up after I changed. She tackled me into a bear hug. I lost my footing and we fell onto the ground. We both laughed it off. I looked into her eyes and her's met mine. I ran my hand through her hair. Her arms wrapped around my neck. I placed my lips onto her's. She kissed back and pulled away after a few moments went by.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"Resembool."

"Resembool? All the way out there?"

"Yep."

"I should have known."

"I told you not to come looking for me. I knew you'd stay here. So it would be easier for me to find you."

She sighed and hugged me tightly. As if she was afraid I was going to go missing again. "I thought I lost you, Envy."

I sighed and smiled, wrapping my arms around her waist, "You could never lose me." I leaned against the wall as we were still hugging. I kissed her head and began to rub her back lightly. "What have you been doing here for the last two and a half weeks?"

"I've been worried about you. I thought you'd never come back."

"I'm here now, Y/N. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon."

"You better not."

I laughed lightly, "Believe me, Y/N, I have everything I ever wanted right here in front of me."

She smiled and I pecked her lips, "I have everything I ever wanted here too."

We got up, ate something small since it was so late, and she got ready for bed. I sat on the side of my bed, looking at the wristband once more. She came in and laughed slightly.

"What?" I asked as I looked up at her.

"I just realized something. You never wear anything other than your top and shorts."

"Is there something wrong with them?"

"No, but I'd like to see you in some other form of clothing."

I smiled, "I have no other form of clothing other than these."

"I can change that."

"What?"

"Tomorrow, after I get off from work, we're getting you different clothes. End of discussion."

"Alright," I smiled.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"I thought you'd try to fight against me."

"Nope."

She smiled and we laid together in her bed. It was much comfier than mine.