Emma tried to block out any more negative thoughts and tried to focus on her book. She had a feeling that time would start to move a little more slowly.

***

At around half one in the afternoon, Jenny came knocking on the cabin's door to take Emma and Sofia to the mess hall where they ate their lunch. They were sat a small square table which was in the corner of the mess hall in silence, a sign that read 'Isolation Table' was pinned to the wall above it. After they'd eaten lunch under the watchful eye of Jenny, she then escorted them to the back room of the mess hall where they then spent the next two hours washing up every single piece of cutlery and all the dishes used during lunch; this task was also to be completed in silence as well. When they'd finished cleaning up Jenny took them back to their cabin. They didn't come out of it until dinner that evening where again, they sat in silence. To Emma it felt like she hadn't said a word in years and in some ways, she missed having someone to talk to.

The deafening silence continued all up until later that evening. It was late and the girls had been lying in bed but neither had gone to sleep. Then, to the complete shock of Emma, she finally heard Sofia's voice through the dimness of the cabin, the only light coming from a lamp outside the cabin's door.

"This is all your fault, you know." She said bitterly.

Emma rolled her eyes. "No one asked you to fight back."

"You stole my clothes after I jumped into the lake!" Sofia snapped back, shooting up to look at Emma.

"You put all my stuff on the roof of my cabin!"

"Well you! - you know what? I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. God, you're so... Stubborn!" Sofia finished with a glaring expression.

"And you're stuck-up! Look, we're stuck in here till the end of camp and there's nothing we can do about it so we might as well shut up and get on with it." And Emma lied back down onto her pillow.

There was a pause before she heard Sofia mutter under her breath. "We wouldn't even be in here if it wasn't for your stupid water balloon prank."

Emma let out a loud sigh and at this point tried to block Sofia out as she kept on rambling. "I mean, what if they tell our parents? What then? What would your mom think? Your dad?"

And Emma froze. Her dad.

No one talked about Emma's dad, he was never mentioned at home. She'd never even met him which meant it was somewhat of a sore subject for her to talk about but there was no way she would ever confide in Sofia about this. Like she'd understand. By the sounds of it, it seemed like both her parents were still together and an uncontrollable feeling of jealousy took over her. She opened her mouth to correct Sofia, about to tell her how she didn't have a dad, but Sofia didn't stop talking.

"My dad would be so mad at me if he found out how much trouble I was in right now. But did you stop to think about that? Like you'd even know what that's like," She didn't mean it like that, Emma knew that. How on earth could Sofia ever know about Emma's dad? She couldn't, but it still hurt all the same. A pained look formed on Emma's face and she closed her mouth, deciding against speaking up.

"Of course, you wouldn't think about how your actions affect everyone else because you don't have respect for anyone." And Sofia waited for a retaliation, for Emma to come back at her with a biting remark but it never came. Through the darkness she heard nothing except the sound of blankets rustling as Emma turned over in her bed so her back was facing Sofia.

Emma had no idea why Sofia's comments got to her so badly, it's not like she knew. Maybe it was the fact that she was tired or the fact that she had been on an emotional high all day but whatever it was she knew she couldn't take another second of Sofia belittling her so she rolled over and shut her eyes tight in an attempt to go to sleep.