A Death and Danger

Georgie was dead.

The police say he is still considered missing and they would do their best to find him. But according to what I had heard he had been missing overnight, so he was either kidnapped and far away, or dead. I wouldn't find out till lunch, but know in 2nd period when Bill turned up handing me my homework as promised. When I asked him if he got it all down he just nodded, barely, before going inside.

"Bill you good?" I asked sitting down next to him even though I sat in the back.

  " Not know Veronica." He mumbled placing his backpack down on the floor, something was definitely wrong. But I just nodded making a "pop" sound with my lips and heading to the back. Sliding into my chair I silently watch all the other kids walk in. Math went on as usual, so did 3rd, nutrition break and 4th period. Finally it was lunch, instead of heading with Johnny and his group I went off to find Bill. Slipping through the crowd easily, looking from table to table I instead found Richie first. I didn't know him well, him being a 9th grader and all even though Bill was to.

" Hey, uhh Richie right?" I knew his name but I needed some kind of introduction. He was just finished grabbing his lunch and walking out of the line when he looked in my direction. I walked up to him but he just looked surprised.

" Are you talking to me?" He asked pointing his finger at himself with wide eyes.

" Yes, you." I answered reaching into my back pocket for some gum gesturing with the other hand for him to follow me. "You know Bill right?"

I popped the gum in my mouth, watching as Richie pushed his big glasses up his nose and swooped his head to his side making his black hair flip before answering. "Oh my," I thought shaking my head at his attempts, it was funny though. "Bill Denbrough? Hell yeah, why do ask?"

" He's in my math and this morning he seemed, well off. Did something happen to him, am sort of worried about him?" I tried to sound sincere, and I was but I wasn't sure if he would tell me right out.

" Wait hold up, Bill has tenth grade math?"

" Yes Richie, but that's not the point ok?" I really just wanted a quick answer, so I stopped walking putting my hands on my hips waiting for his answer.

" Look, Bill lost his brother, like literally his brother went out in the rain and he never came back. Like he just disappeared." He wore a small frown since the first time I talked to him, ouch. But his brother went missing? That, that just didn't sound right. Like I believed him but, oh god. My face expression fell.

  " Thanks." I spun around, and even after he called I didn't turn back. I had only meet Georgie once, he was a cool little kid too. So young. All the possibilities of what could have happened to him raced through my mind. When I was young my teachers always told me I had an overreacted imagination, guess I still did. Pushing the doors to leave the cafeteria, I slung my backpack over to grab the contents inside. I needed that cigarette now.

  ~~~Later that day~~~~

  I lay in my bed that afternoon with Bo, my dog,  wondering how I was gonna help Bill. I felt bad, yes, but mostly it was more about finding Georgie, and if he was still alive. I really doubted it, and it wasn't my problem either. I barley new the kid. But Bill was a friend, I can't imagine losing a sibling. Especially since I didn't have any. I sighed, getting up from my bed walking to the front yard. Me and my mom lived on the far side of town, or the bad side. Our house was a small one story with a decent backyard which I was fixing up. A front yard with an ugly metal fence which half was concrete for a driveway. But my mom had the house fixed up nicely inside. Their was never a mess or dirty furniture or she would flip. I stared out into the distance, then I saw another one. A third red balloon. It seemed to be floating towards me, this shit was out of a horror movie. Standing their waiting to see what it would do, daring it to come closer. I stood my ground, then it popped. I was gonna start carrying around a B.B. gun to pop them myself.

Rowf! Rowf! Woof!

I turned to look inside the house, Bo was barking up a storm in the house. I squinted my eyes, then I heard a loud crash. Someone was in the house. I moved to the the baseball bat I left hidden on the bushes in case of something like this. And not the wimpy wood ones, a metal one. I had another in the house too, under my bed. I crept down the small hall into the living room, my bat in ready to swing. Nothing. Looking over the counters in the kitchen and nothing. Bo came running out of my room going crazy, barking like mad.

  " Where are they boy?" I whispered, Bo was a big dog, how had he not gotten them yet?

  " Right Here."

I whipped my body around so fast that when my bat made contact with whoever was behind me all I heard was a loud thud. I opened my eyes slowly, my bat still in ready position, to see who I hopefully hadn't killed.

What the hell.

My mouth was agape and now I couldn't even close my eyes as I stood frozen. It was definitely a man, a clown? A fucking clown. He laid sprawled on the floor taking up the whole living room floor. In seconds Bo was on him.