Chapter 2 Beginning our journey

"Stop that!" Romana said to me, as I kept looking over my shoulder furious and terrified. "Sorry I just feel like were being followed" "Well we aren’t so calm down." I kept looking behind us any way. I had a bad feeling about walking through the streets with no lights, no cars no sounds but our trudging foot steps.

We were silent for about five minutes when Ramona broke it and said " The lightning is pretty" " Yeah" Kelsey and I said at the same time.

I could feel it in her silence Kelsey was afraid. I looked over my shoulder again positive I would she someone our something following us. There was nothing, nothing but empty houses and the empty street. We started to reach the turn to where mom and dads work lead when I got this awful feeling. I felt sick to my stomach.

"You guys" I said almost stuttering. "What now Grace?" Ramona said very annoyed. " I've got a really bad feeling I think we should go the long way" "You always have bad feelings Grace" " No! This time I'm serious!" " You said that last time,” Kelsey said just as annoyed as Ramona. " Guys can we please take the long way?" " Ugh! You are such a baby!" Ramona yelled as she went right instead of left, just like I had begged her to do. " Thank you" I said in a small voice "Whatever," Ramona said. "Can we keep moving please?” she added. " Do you always have to be a jerk?" I asked, " Shut up! Your just annoying me!" she said turning to look at me." " Maybe we should get Josh here so you don't act like such a baby!" She said with a smirk on her face. Josh has been my best friend since we were in 1st grade " I don't like him!" I said I pretending like I didn't. " Yeah right!" she said laughing. " No I do not!" " Do too!" " Guys shut up! We need to get to the base remember!" Kelsey said interrupting our argument.

I liked it when Kelsey interrupted ‘cause I'm not the only one that feels stupid. We continued to walk. When Ramona brought up Josh I couldn't stop thinking about him.