Marina's Sorrow (Lorien Legacies/I Am Number Four Fanfiction)

MARINAS SORROW

A One Shot on how Marina was when Eight died. Just a little re write :) . ( Can't remember what Five used to kill him cause I read the book a while back so I'm going to say a knife. I'm changing the last bit slightly. )

I watched in complete shock as Eight teleported in front of Nine just as Fives arm shot forward. The knife plunged into chest.

Stunned, Five fell backwards, leaving the knife in Eights chest. So I ran forwards and knelt down besides Eight. This can't be true I willed myself to think, I must of touched Ella and fell into a coma like Four.

But I knew that wasn't true. I wanted so hard to believe that, because a coma would definitely be better than this. Anything except this.

One of my shaky arms stretched out and cradled Eights cheek as my chest tightened from the pain of reality. I had to strain my ears a bit but I heard the raspy noises that fell quietly from Eights mouth as if he were struggling to breathe. I slowly stroked my thumb across his cheek as a small tear fell from my eye, landing on his lip. His eyes still hadn't opened.

I watched with utter horror as Eights face slowly began to turn ashen and I knew he was dying. But my brain refused to believe it.

"N-no Eight..." I rasped out, this time closer to his ear. I hadn't even noticed that my throat had began to swell and that my vision had began to blur.

It was then that his eyes cracked open a peek that I felt a bit of relief. But I knew he was still going to die. No one - not even a Lorien could survive a wound like that.

His lips cracked open slightly as a small smile tugged at his pale lips. I could hear his rasps more loudly now that his lips were co-operating.

"Marina," He croaked out in a whisper as his eyes stared into mine, "Don't cry."

He was dying. I- I need John. But John was in that coma from Ella.

I stretched my hand around the wound, willing my legacies to work. But I felt no icy touch. Just the warm sticky liquid that oozed from Eights body.

"I love you."

I blinked.

"I love you too." I cried out loudly as my chest began to shake as sobs racked my form.

"I told you not to cry." He murmured as he weakly stretched an arm out towards my face. His limp hand cradled my face and brought it close to his; our lips inches apart. Slowly, I closed my eyes and leaned in towards him.

His lips gently brushed mine for a moment before he pulled back. Or that's what I thought. Instead his head had fallen backwards as his heart had came to a halt.

"EIGHT!" I wailed loudly as I cupped his face with my two hands and began to try and blow life back into him. But no matter how hard I tried, his eyes didn't re open. 

As I held his limp body in my arms, there was only three words I could think.

He was gone.