Barkoff clicked his pen once, reading his notes over quickly. "Why not take your crown back?"

"I already answered that," she said. He looked up and crossed out something.

"Personal," he said. "How do you feel about your brother?"

"Matthew?" she said.

"That's your only brother, right?"

"Sadly."

He laughed and waited for her to say more. She sighed.

"Matthew doesn't know what he's doing," she said. "I'm twenty-three, and he's the ripe old age of nineteen. He begs for the crown and begs me to let him have it. Give him more time. Martians don't have "designated heirs" unless the crown is relinquished. I've done that on purpose."

Barkoff stopped writing, pen poised. "Are...are you sure you want this all in media?"

Terra smiled. "Yes, I do," she said. "Matthew needs pressure."

"Are you willing to answer any questions about your parents' relationship with you?" he asked.

"We're great," said Terra. "Put that down and ask no more questions." He nodded and closed his notebook.

"Thanks," he said, standing. "That's good enough. Can I come back soon?"

"Call first," she said, standing as well to see him through the door. "You may have trouble getting in once students arrive."

"Why?" he said, fingering his ID badge.

"High-clearance royalty?" she said. "And Jupiter's got royalty here right now. We have more guards than usual."

Barkoff let out a long, low whistle. "Khione's got nice troops. And a lot of a same story as you," he said. "Except the crown."

"Khione forgot about peace," Terra said, clutching her own ID badge as Barkoff entered the hallway. She had a lot of work to do before her students arrived tomorrow morning. "Next month is clear, Barkoff, if you want to interview in the evenings."

He nodded and waved her goodbye, setting off down the hallway and waving to various professors with equal enthusiasm he'd given her. Some of the professors were legends in their field, and were only seen on Earth. Of course a journalism student from Saturn would be stoked to be here.

She shut the door softly and sat down behind her desk, kicking off her heels and sighing in relief. She picked up a stack of papers and flipped through them, looking for one in particular. Ah, here it was; her student roll.

Last year, she wasn't teaching here- she was new and frightened. They'd brought her on because she seemed to be a step-up, but she wasn't by any means a solution. They needed royalty trained to rule, and that was just about impossible in a society where royal influence was either crumbling or blooming.

She checked the names, sorting them mentally. Prince Current Atlantic of Jupiter, basically a god on his home planet. Easy to teach, probably. He would be learn additions to what he already knew.

Prince Koi Animalia of Venus, should be easy too. A lot like Prince Atlantic in situation, but less worshipped. Venus was considered the example in royal-senator relations.

Prince Cyclone Cirrus would be a mystery, but she guessed he would be difficult to teach. The concepts might be somewhat foreign, as royalty were particularly distant on Saturn, the people governed by an iron-fisted chancellor who didn't communicate largely with the royal family.

The dynamic between royalty and chancellor and senator was difficult to understand, and Terra had decided to make it her first lesson. It was the concept all others revolved around and the delicate balance kept the UA in check. Right now, she wasn't sure it was being kept in check.