Starting Over Again

Hm.02.18.18.20.41
Author's note: I said that Second Chance will be the last chapter but I feel so sorry that I want to explore Ryosuke's side too. So, I'm making this third chapter, Starting Over Again, to be fair with the man. So (huwag kayong magagalit sa'kin kung humaba pa ito at binura ko ang ibang parte ng Second Chance) I hope it will be better. And believe me, I had to stop writing other stories for this (not mentioning that I lost idea for them, sorry po). This will be in the perspective of him.
***
"Hey, you okay?"

I looked at Daiki with my hand feeling the bandage on my forehead. It hurts like hell. "I'm not, obviously. But I will be."

"What happened? Are you a gangster now? Or was that what we call late blooming?" he tch-ed. "We're too old to be acting like kids."

"Dai-chan," I saw Chinen walk in the door with a bag of maybe food of sorts. "Don't be too hard on him. He's injured." He turned to me. "Want some?" he asked while showing what he bought.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oi, he can't take that. Yu-chan and Mirai-san went to get his food." Daiki told him.

"By saying Mirai, you mean Mirai?"

"Yes, Mirai your Mirai, and she took care of you since you got here." Daiki pointing the magazine he's holding on me.

I nodded, I was surprised that she is still here with me. I have been cold towards her since Andi left me. "Did you see mom?"

"They were here but you were asleep."

"Oh, I see."

Our attention we're caught by the opening of the door where Yuya and Mirai entered. I saw how their faces lightened up seeing me up and alive looking back at them. "Hi," I greeted them.

"Now that you're up and your food is here, maybe we can have our breakfast now,"

"You can stay." I offered. "You can't just go out whenever you want, people can recognize you and probably someone is already waiting for you outside."

"Right." Daiki agreed.

"Here's your,"

"I can manage," I reached from Mirai the tray Yuya gave her. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Uh..." she smiled. "Are you feeling well now?"

"Mm," I hummed. "You have your breakfast, too."

"I already did."

I looked at her and she seemed to be tired, her eyes tells it all. "Mirai, you're tired. Go home and take some rest. Don't worry about me, take care of yourself too."

"I'm fine."

"Mirai, please."

She smiled. "Okay. Get well."

I watched her leave. I also feel sorry for her and I am hurting doing this to her but this time I wanted to do this because it is the right thing to do. I am married and she's not the woman I married—originally.
***
"What was that all about, Ryosuke?"

"Sorry, sir." I have to apologize for what I have done. I can't really tell him what really happened and I can't remember it well. I was too drunk that night.

"You just got back. After what happened to your marriage, now this? You know how difficult it was to get you on top again."

"I know and I regret that I became careless that night. I got carried away."

"We took care of the news but be sure to be careful next time." Our manager who was sitting silently there gave a deep sigh while our Director was steaming in anger. "Maybe this is better, at least they might think that your wife left because of your drinking habit than you having a mistress."