Chapter 18

(Y/n)'s POV

"J-jealous? Why t-the hell would I be jealous?" Goshi asked, trying to hide his obvious stuttering.
"Well, you wouldn't be making such a fuss about this if you weren't jealous, would you? Plus, why do you care who she dates? It's none of your business," Kento replied calmly.
"Say that again, I dare you," threatened Goshi.
"*sigh* I never knew you were that kind of person. You already have Tsubasa so why would you need (Y/n) as well? You've already broken her heart. I don't think she'd want you to control her life."
"What did you say?!"
"Break it up already! I'll leave if it means you two will stop fighting! You're in the same group! Tch, why the hell do you have to fight because of this? You two are supposed to be better than this."
"(Y/n), I'm so sorry. I didn't-"
"Save it for later, Tsubasa. I don't want to hear any of it right now."

Before I left, Yumiko's snicker flowed to my ears. It was pretty quiet so I thought I had imagined it but then glancing back at her made me sure of it.

It had started to rain heavily. What now? I didn't bring an umbrella and it was a long walk back to the company. *sigh* Why did these things keep happening to me?...

There were no buses nor taxis nearby, which just worsened my already terrible mood. I knew this wouldn't end well. Why the hell didn't I refuse to go? Why was I such an idiot?

Goshi's POV

~Some time later~

"Thanks for today, Goshi. I had a lot of fun," Tsubasa exclaimed with a small smile.
"Huh? Oh, yeah..."
"See you later."

I didn't bother watching her enter her apartment as I started to walk along the empty streets. The ground was dirty and wet from the heavy downfall earlier today.

Did (Y/n) make it back safely? Did she catch a cold from the rain? Tch, why was I even worried about her? She had nothing to do with me anymore.

Damn it! Why...did that piss me off so bad? Why didn't I want Kento to date her then? If I really did love Tsubasa, then I would've left (Y/n) alone...right? *sigh* I don't get it.

My heart was ripped into two halves. I didn't know who I loved. Did I really love Tsubasa or was that simply a delusion?

Someone suddenly pushed past me, like they were in a rush. I glared at their back. Tch, not even an apology huh?

"Watch it next time!"

The figure stopped for a second before rushing off in the opposite direction I was heading. Geez, what was their problem? I shrugged it off as nothing important.

Huh? Why was I here? Why did I come all the way here? Why was I standing in front of (Y/n)'s apartment? Did I want to see her?

The lights were off, so I had assumed that she had gone to sleep. But it wasn't that late. Last time I checked, it was only around 8:30pm. Did she always sleep this early?

Well, whatever. I shouldn't bother with this. She was no longer anyone important anymore. I had to focus on Tsubasa and Thrive, nothing else mattered.

Then why did my heart hurt so much? What was I doing wrong? Ugh, I hated this feeling! If only...someone could tell me what was going on...

"So you came here, huh?"

I turned around, startled by the voice from behind. Geez, it was only Kento.

"What?"
"I wanted to check up on her since you and Yuuta seem to have forgotten all about her existence," he exclaimed.
"Why would we forget about her?-"
"Oh, you're right. You two wouldn't have forgotten about her. I should've said: You guys now label her an unimportant object. An alien, perhaps?"
"What is it that you want to say?"
"Why did you break her heart like that? If you truly have feelings for Tsubasa, I can't blame you. But why did you have to break (Y/n)'s heart like that?"
"Break her heart? I didn't ask for her to fall in love with me. I never asked for her to love me! So it shouldn't be my fault who she fell in love with."
"...I guess you're right. Was it fun for you to watch her suffer? Did you honestly hate her that much to toy with her feelings like that?"
"Shut up! You wouldn't understand!"
"What is it that I won't understand?! Huh?! For how long are you going to keep doing this?!"

I kept my mouth shut and glared at him. His eyes flickered like a furious flame, ready to burn me alive. I didn't want to lose to him...but it was hard.

"Tch, if you have nothing actually worth telling me then I'm leaving."

I didn't give him a chance to reply as I pushed past and headed back home. Today...may be the last day I visited (Y/n)'s apartment. I didn't want to waste my time doing things that no longer benefited Tsubasa or Thrive.

As I was walking, I noticed a couple in the park across the street. They were laughing and eating street food together. A sharp pain in my heart made me look away from the scene.

A sudden vibration from my phone distracted me from my depressing thoughts. Ugh, who was it now?

Tsubasa: Have you gotten home yet?

Me: Not yet, why?

Tsubasa: Oh, no reason. I was just curious

Me: Seriously? It was something this...whatever.

Tsubasa: Hey, you were about to say something mean, right? 😕

Me: No, you don't have any proof

Tsubasa: Hehe, just joking. Love you ☺️

I shoved my phone back in my pocket and continued walking. How could she just say that so easily?...