Gossip in the Town

"What Old Friends Can Do" -
Lucy x Lockwood

Lockwood and Co. Series

Summary: Old friends may come as a solution.

Warning: This fic is made with the sole purposes of dealing and possibly kill Writer's Block and using an OC I've had in my mind for a while now, so it may be a little crappy and trashy. READ UNDER YOUR OWN CONSCIENCE.

—————————

"Wow, I can't believe Mr Denson left his store to Geoffrey!"

"I know! Had he just waited for his son to be old enough, his store wouldn't be doing as bad as it is right now"

Walking down the streets of Cheviot Hills with Ethan, he started telling me about the things that had been changing since I left. Apparently, most of my old friends were either married, gone from town, or dead, but that was a minority.

Seeing as most of our supplies had been used last night, Ethan thought we could go to Gladwell and Jenner; the only store in town that still sold ghost-fighting supplies. He and I were right now on our way to order the materials. George and Quill had stayed at Ethan's home looking through more records to see if they could find more about the ghosts we encountered, while Lockwood had taken Holly with him back to London, said we were probably going to need more help during this haunting. He assured us they'd be back before we had to go back to the station tonight.

Things had been a little tense during breakfast, with all that happened last night, and I was grateful for some time away from the team. Before leaving, Lockwood had asked me to tell them what happened, but I still couldn't talk about it.

"Daniel would have made a better manager by far- Wait, hold on, is that, Deborah Lance and Fergus Mallicoat? Holding hands?" I pointed to the other street where a couple was marshmallowy rubbing noses and holding each others hands.

"You mean, Deborah and Fergus Mallicoat holding hands" Ethan said, his voice slightly labored with the effort of the long walk.

"What?!"

"They got married about a year ago" He smiled "Quite a celebration, really; the party lasted about two nights at least"

"But they hate each other!" I exclaimed "Every time they were in a room together, they were always at each others throats"

"Wish it was still that way, you should see them now! Last time I was with them it was all 'My wuzzy-fuzzy-fluffy-cuddly-honey-bear' and 'My dear hunny-bunny-pumpkin-princess', it was almost disgusting!" Ethan said in a funny voice.

The streets were full of people I once knew, all of whom acknowledged me from afar. I was actually grateful they did; I didn't feel particularly keen of greeting everybody that recognized me.

"That's probably because you're walking beside me" Ethan had said. I had initially insisted that he let me go on my own, I knew perfectly well where the store was, but he insisted in coming, said the exercise would do him good. He had brought a walking stick with him, though not one of those metal sticks you saw your grandpa walk with, but a fancy wooden one with iron on the tip and a beautifully carved iron wolf in the handle (his sister gave it to him as a joke after loosing his leg, but he kept it and used it with pride whenever he did) "People avoid getting too close to me whenever I'm outside, think I'm going to take any opportunity to make a fake accident and sue them or something"

"Why would you do that, your family already has so much more money than most people here"

"Well, people think what they want, Lulu"