15: Questions and Lies

"What the hell?" I whispered, reading the note over for the third time. "Where did you find this?" Kōushi shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck. "It was on my desk when I walked into Ms.Kang's classroom." He sighed, taking the note from my hand and crumpling it into a ball. "I'm sure it's nothing, Y/N. Probably just Tanaka messing with us or something."

My body tensed as I thought about how Yui threatened me during class, and the way she looked over at Kōushi that made my blood boil. "Maybe..." I whispered. Kōushi grabbed one of my hands in his and lifted my chin with his index finger, looking me in the eyes.

"I'm sure it's nothing, maybe a cruel joke at most. Don't worry about it, really." I nodded and pulled him in for a hug. He's right. Even if it is Yui, it's a filthy joke and nothing to even waste energy on.

He broke the hug with a smile and looked down at me. "Hey! Guess what?" He laughed. "Team tryouts for volleyball are in two weeks time and today is our first official practice with me as your Sensei." I groaned dramatically and pulled him back in for yet another hug. "I don't wanna go to practiceeeee!" I sighed, clutching onto his shirt. He pushed me off him playfully with a fake scowl. "Y/N Y/L/N, you are going to practice and you're going to work until your legs fall off if you wanna go to Jale, Kapeesh?"

"Kapeesh." I muttered. "Shit, we're going to be late!" I straightened my back and gave Kōushi's hand a tight squeeze before letting go to sprint to my next class.

My next class was actually one of my favorites, computers science. It's a completely useless class where we sit around looking up pictures of animals while our goofy teacher Mr Choi sat at his laptop typing furiously. He'd give us stupid projects like 'find the longest cat in the world' or "write an essay about the biggest meerkat in the world"

Strange, strange man.

I spent the entirety of my class filling out college applications. Most of them looked incredibly hopeful. "So Suga really wasn't kidding when he said you are basically the perfect student." A voice chuckled. I yelped in surprise and looked around for the owner of said voice. Turns out it was Suga's friend Daichi. I've never really spoken to him, but he always seemed like a nice enough guy. He liked to tease Suga a lot though.

Wait, Kōushi talks about me?!

"Uh- um...I'm really not-" Daichi was leaning over my shoulder staring at the college applications. He pulled over a chair and sat beside me. "So..." He smiled. "I hear you're going for team tryouts, and Suga is teaching you how to set." Though his voice was kind, and his smile gentle, his eyes gleamed with a tinge of envy. I gave a small sigh and learned back in my chair, folding my arms.

"What's it to you, Daichi?" I asked, my eyes narrowing in both confusion and curiosity. My hands were shaking slightly but I ignored it. "Last time I checked, what I do isn't any of your business."

He chuckled softly, holding up both his hands in a mock surrender. "Alright alright. Just asking a question." He stood up from the chair and took one last glance over at the computer. "You should be careful, Y/N. If going to Jale really means that much to you, then I wouldn't get so caught up with the girls' captains' ex."

I opened my mouth to protest but he had already walked away. My eyes drifted over to where he was sitting, beside a taller, slightly older looking young-man with his hair in a long bun.
The other boy greeted him with a shoulder punch and a laugh.

Yui is...Kōushi's ex?

My thoughts were interrupted by the loud bell, signaling lunch break for all third years. I stumbled up from my seat, my head slightly fuzzy with confusion. I looked frantically around the classroom, when suddenly a shoulder bashed hard against mine and I fell to the ground. I stared up at the source of the fall, only to be greeted by Yui once again.

"Oopsies. I hope you aren't as clumsy on the court."

I clambered to my feet again, my face flushed with anger. The classroom was now empty apart from me and Yui.

"What the hell?" I growled dusting myself off and taking a few steps towards the other girl. My fists were clenched tight and my entire body shook in anger.

"Seriously? You think sending little threats and knocking me over is going to make me cower in fear in front of 'the queen of the court?' Pathetic."

Yui's eyes widened slightly but her body was still relaxed. She smirked maliciously and ran her hand through her hair. She looked like she was going to say something, but I cut her off before she could.

"I know why you hate me, Yui. But sending stupid notes and making heart eyes at Kōushi won't change the way I feel about him. I don't care if you kick me from tryouts, or make my life a living hell, but stay away from him."

Her body tensed, and she stared at the ground. Her hair fell over her eyes in shame as she backed away, flinging her bag over her back.

"You're going to regret this, Y/N."

And with that she walked out.

____

A/N:

IM SORRY FOR BEING SO INACTIVE AHHHHHHH ILY ALL ♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎