Chapter 1: Awakening

Mia P.O.V-

Peeling open my eyes, my foggy vision looked around. Cob webs, wound tightly around in a egg shape, surrounded me hanging me mid air in the little egg. I sat their for a moment, my hands laying limp at my side and my body extremely sore from not moving. Slowly, and painfully, moving my pale hands I put them on the egg shaped wall. The wall felt smooth, unwinding underneath my simple touch. The egg was unwinding, slowly and carefully moving my body forward, towards the forest floor. It's almost like it knew I was to be treated carefully.

Where am I?

Where's Joel and Sai?

Slowly sliding onto the forest floor, I felt the dying grass under my pale hands and could feel the soothing wind on my sensitive face. Creating, an almost unhuman noise, I looked up seeing a field, it being extremely blurry. Their was no life, only the soft breeze that gently kissed my face. Sighing softly I struggled to support myself, my arms nearly toppling as I tried to gently lift my self. Weak. I was so weak I could barely even lift myself. I should be used to this, waking up and feeling an overwhelming amount of weakness, but I wasn't. Being weak made me feel useless because I could be doing so many catastrophic thing to save the earth but here I was laying in a field useless.

An overwhelming thirst was slowly crawling up my throat, growing as I observed my surrounding. I was to weak to move so finding Sia and Joel was useless and me laying here would result in starvation. A painful groan erupted from my throat as my weak arms finally toppled. My head lightly fell on them in exhaustion, already tired from lifting my arms for so long. Moving my arm in front of me I dug my nails into the soft soil. Pulling with all my strength I moved my body slowly, gasps of air coming from my mouth.

"Mia!" A deep voice yelled coming to my side and cradling my frail body. My nails still dug into the soil, and a layer of black hair covered my sight but I knew it was Sia. Sia was too caring, a personality (not to mentions killer looks) that could make girls fall left and right but here he was taking care of me.

Coughing weakly I heard a slow beat of someone as they walked closer, calmer with a heart as cold as stone. Joel was walking closer, calmer and less surprised at my physical state. He never got worried anymore, not after what happened at the river. He just nodded his head and lugged around a small business case. Joel was my first chevalier and had always been by my side, which I was thankful for at these moments.

"Sia. Back away from her, now." He said sharply simply kneeling down by my body as Sia backed away quickly. His hand skimmed my cheek as he brushed away my hair, his left cheek twitching slightly as he took in my appearance. I must've looked horrible, my long black hair cascading down my back and pooling round me tangled, my face covered in grime and blood, and finally my eyes. My eyes must've looked dull, not their usual brightly lighten Hazel eyes, just two dark voids.

I tried to speak, tried to move my chapped lips to create simple syllables but my throat wouldn't allow it. All my mouth did was let out another painful groan as the thirst overcame me. Joel simply lifted me up, supporting my frail body against his chest, and nestled my head into his neck. I was going to feel guilty, extremely guilty, but all I could think about was how thirsty I was. Sinking my teeth into his vulnerable neck I heard him suck in a breath. Everything was a blur, all I could see was red. Red, everywhere.

Then blackness took over.