Chapter 12: The Drive

Dean woke up the next morning, and took a deep, shaky, breath. He was so tired from all of yesterday's driving and emotions and stuff. He sat up, not wanting to leave the cool bed and stretched his arms high above his head, freezing when he saw a dark blob of something on his opposite arm. Ink. He studied the tattoo closer now. It was a picture of Cas. A picture of him laughing. His eyes had little crinkles on the outer corners and his entire face just seemed, happier, freer

Last night's events came flooding into his mind like waves, one after the other, almost knocking him down as the weight of what that meant hit him. He had found his soulmate. His soulmate was Castiel. Castiel Milton. The same Castiel Milton who had lived in an abusive household all his life. The same religious, caring boy that had made him laugh harder last night than he had in months maybe even years.

That same Castiel who was as hot as a southern summer day with his sable sex hair that stuck up no matter how hard he tried to flatten it, and his smooth skin that was tan but bright , and eyes that were every shade of blue imaginable. His voice was low and soft, gravelly and sweet. He had the bubbliest personality once you got past his initial shyness and he was the biggest nerd Dean had ever met. That was his soulmate. He was the soulmate of an angel, a perfect person. 

He got into the cream colored hotel shower, letting the scalding water cleanse his stubbly face, and encase his muscles. He stood there, cleaning himself for almost 10 minutes. Dean then stayed in the shower thinking until it was almost a half hour after he had woken up. He turned off the water, and stepped out into the steamy bathroom, letting the cool air hit his warm face. He wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped into the open area, even colder air soaking into his warm skin.

He pulled on his pants from yesterday and searched for his shirt when he felt a pair of eyes on him. He turned around to see Castiel sitting up in bed, his cobalt eyes still foggy from sleep staring at Dean's toned chest. "Take a picture Cas, it'll last longer." Dean smirked as h found his long lost shirt and pulled it over his head. Castiel blushed a furious shade of maroon.

"I'm sorry Dean." he finally said, his voice groggy and deeper than normal. "You don't have anything to apologize for Cas." Dean said simply, ruffling his short hair and grabbing the keys to Baby. "Where are you going, Dean?" Cas said, tilting his head to the right. Dean loved it when he did that, it was adorable.

"Back to my house, have to get Sam and I some clothes and stuff." Dean said, as he started to open the door. Suddenly, he felt a pair of thin but strong arms wrap around his waist. Dean turned around to see that Cas had risen from his bed and was now attached to him. Castiel nuzzled his head into Dean's chest, taking in his smell. He smiled gently as Dean hesitated and then began to hug Cas back. 

"Mmm don't go." Cas said slightly above a whisper. "I have to Cas." Dean said, trying to step away from his bed-headed soulmate. 

Dean wasn't sure, but he thought he saw a hint of sadness in Castiel's face as they pulled away from the comforting embrace. Cas walked away from the door and Dean was afraid that he might have upset him. Instead, Cas grabbed his trench coat and scribbled something down on a piece of hotel stationery. "Cas. Buddy I think it'll be safer if you stay here." Dean began, but was hushed by the determination written in every line of Cas' face. 

"Safer for who Dean? Because I'm pretty sure that most people are up by 9:00 in the morning and from the way that Sam described it, it doesn't seem like your father is the happiest drunk." Cas stated, as he pushed open the door that was abandoned by Dean not so long ago. Dean glanced at the wall clock and cursed himself for not getting up earlier.

Castiel was right, John would be up by now. Shit. Dean was lost in his thoughts as he walked with Cas to Baby. "Before you ask, I do have a plan." Dean said, as he buckled his seat belt. "I was thinking I would sneak in through my window because it's in the back of the house and I know which floorboards creak. Then I'll grab the suitcases that me and Sammy keep packed in case of emergencies and get whatever else we might need and throw the cases down to the ground and climb out of the window and onto the tree and get the bags and get the hell out of dodge." Dean said, waving his hands around while explaining. Castiel listened closely. 

"But what if he sees you or hears you or Baby or-" Cas was cut off when Dean leaned over and kissed him gently on the cheek. Castiel starting flushing and stuttering profusely while a steady pink rose on Dean's cheeks. 

Dean decided that he wouldn't tell Cas that he had missed his lips.

Gosh that was rather fluffy. Oh well. Also please make an effort to comment on stuff because I can see that people are reading this but I don't know if you want it to be less depressing or more fluffy or if you want a sequel or not. Thanks and peace out!~Miss Crazy