"We've found nothing." He continued, " and we haven't for nearly six months now. I am starting to think there actually is no way out."

"Look, there has to be some sort of passageway. If we can't climb up that wall and even if we built a ladder, where then? The corridors of the maze are way too wide for us to jump over. It would be way too dangerous. Those Grievers have to have somewhere they go during the day. We find the den, we're one step closer to finding a way outta here." I stated my input.

"Well yeah but we've been searching for almost three years now..." Ben started, "we must've found something to do with those Grievers."

"Where do they go then? Huh?" I stated, begining to get slightly annoyed. "Do they fly away? Hmm? Or maybe they bury themselves into the ground."

"Alex..." Minho said sighing, "calm it."

I gave a thin lipped smile, "sorry, I'm calm."

"We'll talk more about this tomorrow." Minho informed, "go have a break, you great ugly shanks." He smiled playfully.

Exiting the shack, I met up with Newt, who works in the farms, I gave him a small peck on the cheek as a greeting, he was about to ask if we'd found anything interesting, but was distracted by Gally's figure pushing the Greenie out of the way from the door.

He looked like he was about to stroll in there.
Quickly, we ran over, Newt getting there first to calm him down, then me not far behind.

"The hell is wrong with you guys." Greenbean bellowed. He was tall, tanned with dark hair.

"Just calm down, okay?" Newt tried, but the greenie wouldn't settle.

"No. Okay. Why won't you tell me what's out there?"

"We're just trying to protect you, man." Alby said steadily.
"It's for your own good."

"You guys can't just keep me here." He argued, seemingly not understanding.

"I can't let you leave." I stated strictly, taking a step forward and crossing my arms.

"Why not?" He snapped.

As if on que, the grinding and grumbling of the stone doors echoed, Greenie steadily turned around. We let him watch the gust of winds, the slow winding of the heavy doors close with a final thud.

"Next time," said Gally, "I'm gonna let you leave."

"Welcome to the Glade." Alby said deadpanned.

I walked forward to say some.

"Once those doors close, they don't reopen, and no one survives a night out there. I'm sure you've heard." I stated grimly, before walking away and rolling up my sleeves. Newt and Alby not too far behind.

Later on that night was a celebration night. We would all light a bonfire, have fun, let loose and relax.

I watched them throw their fires onto the wood pile, which they shaped in a stick figure and placed a skull on top. Only a little morbid, but I went with it.

Everyone cheered and laughed and were enjoying themselves.

I, usually, would do as well, but I've felt drained recently. It might be the extra work we're doing in the maze.

I sat talking with Minho for a bit. I noticed Newt talking to the Greenie.

"Hey, Alex." I heard the British accent.
I glanced over at Newt, who, as I said, was sat with Greenbean behind a log.

I excused my conversation with Minho and jogged over. Taking the glass jar of Gally's wierd recipe, I seated myself next to Newt and took a quick swig.