The Ultimate Guide to the Wizarding Academy of the Philippines

ang Wizarding Academy ng Pilipinas

the Wizarding Academy of the Philippines

 la Academia Mágica de Filipinas

Introduction

The Philippines. Located in South-East Asia, this particular nation has about seven thousand one hundred islands. Yeah, that should be right. The capital is Manila, and the muggle president by the time I am writing this is Noynoy Aquino. But what about the magic school?

 Why, it's the Wizarding Academy of the Philippines, of course!

Basic Information

 Built during the Spanish Colonization Period in Ilocos Sur, its exact location is unknown. It is said to be near the city of Vigan, one of the last Hispanic towns left in the country. The orginal name of the W.A.P is la Academia Mágica de Filipinas. 

 More about the school, it is open for all kinds of wizards and witches; whether you're pure-blood or half-blood or even muggle-born, the community isn't picky and will always welcome you in.

 Like most magic schools, the W.A.P accepts students from ages eleven to eighteen. They provide seven years of magical education. As long as you've got magic in you, you're welcome to come inside and enroll!

 The school uniform is kind of simple: for the boys, a normal barong Tagalog, and for the girls, a   traditional baro't saya, but with a blue, knee-length skirt and a red panuelo. Both are made with light fabric, since the Philippines is a tropical country.

 Unlike Hogwarts, the school does not sort the students. Instead, they are treated equally and fairly. Like most Filipino schools, the students vote for the student body government.

A Student's Daily Life at W.A.P

  Sadly, most schools in the Philipines start at seven-thirty in the morning. The W.A.P included. This means waking up at six in the morning everyday to ready yourself and your things, eat breakfast, and other things students have to do, like unfinished homework.

 After eating breakfast in the school's large cafetorium, a student would go to their first-period class. At exactly nine-thirty o' clock, the bell rings, and the morning break begins. During this break, students may visit the library on the ground floor, chat around with friends, grab something to eat, and other things.

 The morning break would end at ten o' clock, and the students would hurry on to their next class. At twelve noon sharp, the Angelus starts and the hour-long lunch break starts after the prayer. At one in the afternoon, the break ends and the students once again heads off to their next class.

 The main classes end at three in the afternoon. The students then goes to their forty-minute extra classes, and then they come back into their dorms, the latest being four ten in the afternoon. 

The Main Classes

Charms

Defense Against the Dark Arts

Astronomy

Transfiguration

Potions

Herbology

Care of Magical Creatures*

 *Unlike other schools, the Care of Magical Creatures is considered a major class in the W.A.P, since there are a lot of monsters in the Philipines.

The Extra Classes

Study of Baybayin

Arithmancy

Muggle Studies

Divination

Apparation*

*Sixth and seventh years only.

The Extra-Curricular Classes

 Ancient Studies

Flying

Art

Muggle Art

Music

Muggle Music

Ghoul Studies

Advanced Aswang Studies

Alchemy

Choir

W.A.P Orchestra

Faculty Staff (as of 2012, major only)

 Charms..........................................................................................Bb. dela Cruz

 Defense Against the Dark Arts...................................................G. Reyes

 Astronomy....................................................................................G. Quezon

 Transfiguration.............................................................................G. Aguinaldo

 Potions..........................................................................................Bb. Katipunan

 Herbology......................................................................................G. dela Santos

 Care of Magical Creatures............................................................G. Mallari

G. = Ginoong = Mister = Mr.

Bb. = Binibining = Miss = Ms.

Gng. = Ginang = Mistress = Mrs.