• prologue // edited

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I took a deep breath. It smelled like rubbing alcohol.

I hate rubbing alcohol.

I opened my eyes to see a breathing mask on my face. I quickly ripped it off.

I hate when anything covers my face.

I rolled over and saw that the beeping noise was a heart monitor. Why was I in the hospital?

I hate hospitals.

I know what you're thinking.

This girl hates freaking everything, doesn't she?

It may seem that way, but I promise that I don't. There are many things I like and love, such as iced coffee, leaves, and the color grey.

I sat up and took a better look around. There was a boy sitting in the corner of my room. He was fast asleep, but I began to get uneasy at the fact that there was a random stranger in my room, so I took this opportunity to press my 'panic' button.

Within seconds, there were nurses crowded around me. I didn't even have a chance to complain about the boy in the corner before they dragged me off somewhere else.

-

I was sitting in a room. It looked like a miniature interrogation room. My immediate thought was that I did something wrong, but I can't remember doing anything interrogation-worthy.

A man walked in with a serious look on his face. He was wearing an expensive suit and was carrying a briefcase.

He sat down in the chair across from me and gave me an insincere smile.

"Hello, Nina." He said in a deep voice.

"Nina?" I said under my breath.

He looked at me and sighed with a gulp.

"Okay, this is how this is going to work. I'm going to tell you about yourself. You tell me if anything sounds familiar, mmkay?" He said as he pulled a packet out of his briefcase. I quickly nodded in response. I began to panic. How can I not remember anything?

"Your name is Nina Peterson. You live in New York and you are 18 years old. You have a sister named Audrey and she's 9 years old. Your mother's name is Rebecca." He stopped and looked at me, waiting for a response. I opened my mouth to speak, then closed it again. I scoffed and shook my head. I laughed in disbelief.

"What happened to me?" I asked quietly. He looked at me with the most concern he had since he came in the room.

"Nina, you were in a car crash. You've been in a coma for 6 months."

-

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE:

each chapter is about a few weeks/days apart, unless it is very obvious that it is the next morning or whatever. if I mention a lot of stuff from the last chapter it is probably the day after. :)

I hope you enjoy, I have put a lot of work into this! it is unedited at the moment, so please excuse any mistakes. love you all xx