Chapter 1: A Family Reunion?

Start from the beginning

"I...Where is she?"

Hiccup had no idea what the girl was looking for, nor who.

"Who?"

She then got up slowly.

"Willow. My dragon...Is she alright?"

Then, Hiccup gave Fishlegs a hand signal and he was on his way. After a minute, he walked back with the overprotective dragon.

"Is this her? She followed my friends back here when they flew you in."

She just got up from the bed slowly and grabbed hold on her.

"Thank Thor you're alright girl, If I had lost you ..."

She started to sob. Then, Fishlegs tapped her shoulder.

"Hi, uh welcome to The Edge...I'm Fishlegs, that's Hiccup and that's Astrid. What about you? What happened to you?"

When she heard the name Hiccup she turned to him and smiled.

"I made it. My dad was right..."

She walked up to him and took his hands.

"You don't have it? Of course you don't you never could keep one longer than a day."

She started to giggle. Her face lit up and she seemed to be much better already. Hiccup was left in question marks.

"Uh...Have we met before? I'm usually good with remembering faces..."

The girl sat on the bed and took something off her wrist.

"Tell me that you don't remember these..."

She showed a handmade wristband to him. He took it in his hands and smiled, because he couldn't believe what he was looking at.

"I remember now...Aidy?"

The girl smiled.

"See? I knew that'd help jog your memory!"

She got up and hugged him and he hugged her back. Everyone else in the room was lost.

"Uh, mind filling us in here chief?"

Astrid tapped his shoulder. He stepped out of the embrace and started talking.

"Well, me and Aidy are cousins. Our fathers are first cousins, their fathers are brothers. We used to spend every summer together either on Berk or on her island Thoredge Island."

Astrid and Fishlegs were kind of shocked – not only because they couldn't believe Hiccup had a cousin who was that adorable, but also because they didn't know Stoic had a cousin from an uncle. Another thing was the fact that Hiccup had never mentioned anything about her before.

"Yeah, and we haven't caught up in ages. I hear you're in charge now since...Uncle Stoic..."

Hiccup's happy face turned into a saddened expression.

"Yes, it wasn't how I planned on taking over the 'family' business but...it happened. Oh, your aunt is gonna be overjoyed to see you."

Aidy gasped.

"Aunt Valka? She's...alive?"

Hiccup smiled.

"Very much so."

Fishlegs shoved himself in front of Hiccup.

"Hi, yes Fishlegs here, I have a question. What does your name mean?"

Aidy giggled.

"Aidy is short for Aidilia. My dad gave me that name the minute I was born. It's apparently been my grandma's name, who I unfortunately never met because she died right after I was born."