Chapter 1: A Family Reunion?

Start from the beginning

"Hookfang, keep him distracted, I'll go see why he's trying to stop us from approaching that piece of ship."

Snotlout snuck behind the two and went for the ship. The dragon flew past Hookfang and was about to attack when he saw Snotlout carrying a girl in his hands from underneath the wreckage.

"Whoa...Hiccup will definitely reward us now."

Meanwhile, Hiccup was staring at the clear skies ahead waiting for the trio to arrive.

"What's keeping them so long?"

He was nervous. Usually when he'd send the three for a recon mission or on a lookout it'd end up in a disaster. Now, he feared he'd have to bail them out – again.

"I'm sure they're fine..."

Astrid said as she came from his right and took his hand.

"I certainly h...What in the name of Thor..."

As he was about to finish his sentence he saw the trio fly back. They landed after two minutes and Hiccup saw the girl on Hookfang's back.

"What happened to her...Where did you find her?"

Just as he was taking her off the dragon, the dragon that was overprotective of her came out of nowhere and shot spikes at Hiccup, who almost dropped the girl on the ground, trying to dodge the spikes.

"Alright, Stormfly calm this Nadder down."

Stormfly shot a few spikes back to show she meant business but she didn't harm her fellow Nadder. Then, after Hiccup let Fishlegs take care of the girl, he took care of her dragon.

"Stay here, she's safe with us I promise. Right bud?"

He said, staring at Toothless as he was smiling at his new friend.

"See? You've made a new friend here already."

The dragon seemed cooled off, as it could sense there was no danger but it still wouldn't eat nor drink anything.

"Did she wake up?"

Astrid asked Fishlegs as she walked in Hiccup's hut. That one was the only hut with an extra bed. Usually, there wasn't anyone else on the Edge except for them so they never thought of making a guest hut.

"No, but she's moving a bit, that's a good sign."

Fishlegs was pouring some liquid on her forehead with a cloth carefully and he made sure it went all around her face.

"What's that?"

Astrid asked. She seemed to be interested in what Fishlegs was up to.

"This is something I learned from Gothi. When someone has been exposed to heat and dehydration for too long they need a way to cool off. Well, this mixture provides a cool and refreshing skin moisturizer."

Hiccup walked in after he was done explaining and just as he approached the mysterious girl she woke up and screamed.

"Willow!!"

Then she fell back in the bed.

"What was that?"

Astrid ran towards the bed, but Hiccup slowed her down.

"It's alright, she's probably still in great shock. Surviving a shipwreck is not something that you can handle easily."

He took the girl's hand and tried to wake her up again.

"Hey, uh...Can you hear me? You're safe now, and it's alright."

She slowly came back to again.