Part Two ~ Pheonix

Life has never been friendly to me. Nor has it been friendly to my kind. In my life, I grew up in a small town on the edge of Poland. 1942 is when the Gestapo came to take away my father, but instead he sold me to them to save himself. That's when I realized no one really loved me. When I had turned seventeen, a crazed woman fed me her blood then stabbed me. That's when I had transitioned into becoming the undead. A vampire most would say. My life had never been a happy one, and even in death I suffer. I have been seventeen for almost seventy years, and in those seventy years I have become bitter and cold. But nothing would prepare me for the fued between vampires, witches, and werewolves. Mostly the wolves. In fact I found it pointless, I still do. But I guess many don't find it pointless. As I sit atop of an abandoned apartment building, my friend Gina sits next to me.
"You know you can't sit up here forever."
"Yes I am well aware of that."
"C'mon our people need a leader, Cole is dead and you were his right hand man," she says putting her hands on her hips. I continue to sit on the edge of the building.
"Well when you want to be our leader, come downstairs."
Once she's off the roof, I stare out onto the skyline, and jump off.

                                       ***
The best thing about being a vampire is that you can't die, no matter how hard you try. Although a stake could kill a vampire easily, or a werewolves bite. As I walk atop a building, I hear a girls faint scream. I decide to follow the scream. Once I'm close enough, I notice that it's the girl from earlier. The little wolf girl. Gina stepped toward the girl, I knew her intent was to kill. I jumped before them, hoping to strike a reaction from Gina. The girl stared at me with her bright amber eyes. Was she about to turn to save herself, or was that all she could do?
"Enough!"
Gina turned towards me, her face blistered from vervain.
"How many times do I have to tell you, we don't kill werewolves that can't transform," I stared at Gina with anger, hoping to get my point across.
"But she-," Gina begins but my glare cuts her off. I hurry to grab the wolf's wrist.
"C'mon."

                                      ***
"Why didn't you let me finish the job?"
"She's just a child."
"She's the Alpha's daughter, if you didn't know."
"The wolves have never had an uprising, she won't do anything."
Gina rolls her eyes.
"Whatever."
Gina begins to walk away, I sigh and decide to grab her arm.
"I trust you to be my right hand, but you must be able to comply to my will."
"I understand, I'm sorry it's just the rules of the land."
"I know," I say
Gina looks down, and then leaves my side.
"Stupid wolf," I sigh.

***
As I walk down the hallway, the wolf is talking with her friend at her locker. She notices me, she gives me a glare.
"Just because you help me doesn't mean we're friends."
"Yes I know, I just want to assure you that I won't save you again."
Her friend glares at me, but I can't take her seriously with her large glasses.
"And you are," I almost chuckle.
"Minerva," she says as she places her hand on my shoulder. I begin to become hot, and realize that she's boiling my blood. My blood is boiling!
"I'm a witch, so you better watch your back."
She takes her hand off of my shoulder, I can finally breath.
"Have a nice day," the wolf states.
The both walk away as the bell rings.

***
I could've chosen any other life. I could've gotten away with a normal life. But instead I chose to become a high school student, and get mixed up with a werewolf, and a witch. What could possibly go wrong.