Touching the cold glass again, Hyungwon longed for the chance to see what Wonho was seeing through the black box strapped on his head, so he could at least empathize with the person he supposedly cared for a lot. It was hard to imagine what the other was seeing or feeling, especially when he was trapped in a world that didn't exist.

Turning around the check on the others, he allowed his throbbing heart a minute of rest from the unbearable sight behind him.

No one was shouting yet, which was a relieving sight to say the most. He wondered whether getting it over with would be better than wasting time discussing. It was really doubtful that they could come up with a mutual decision without causing even a bit of quarrel. As far as he knew, Hyungwon could probably make a flow chart of the following events.

First, no one would volunteer.

They would try and decide who was the most suitable person to do the job, trying to think logically and rationally.

Someone would realise no one was suitable if the logical path was taken.

That person would volunteer.

Someone else would oppose immediately, protecting the person who volunteered.

Yet another person would tell the protector to back off, saying he had no right to say no if he didn't stand up and volunteer himself.

This would keep going, probably evolve into a bigger fight if unlucky, and eventually they will run out of time.

Then they would realise the time is up, and therefore push someone out to do it hastily.

That person would be angry or frustrated at least, making everyone uncomfortable and awkward.

If it was going to end up the same either way, why not push someone out now?

Why not do it now?

But at the end of the day, that was all just Hyungwon wishful thinking. He could definitely just go and choose someone and touch his lips with the others'. He could. But he knew he shouldn't.

Couldn't and shouldn't. What a great difference.

-

"I will do it." Jooheon said, a little bit too confident for everyone's liking.

They were all thinking the same thing, but Minhyuk retorted first. "Are you kidding? You went through all that, and now you're telling me you want to kiss a man?" Minhyuk was incredulous; pointing at the empty glass room that Jooheon was previously in. "Are you even sure you like men? And have you even kissed someone before? Because if not then letting you do that would be cruel and unmoral."

"Minhyuk, calm down." Changkyun admonished, voice stern, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder blade. Minhyuk shrugged it off mercilessly.

"I know you guys agree with me. We can't let him do it." His voice tuned down until it was a mumble, but it was obvious Minhyuk was holding his stance firmly.

"Oh my god, this is giving me a headache." Kihyun complained, running a hand over his peachy strands. He didn't acknowledge the concerned gaze from Shownu and proceeded when no one commented further. "But I do agree it's best Jooheon doesn't do it. I think you should do it, Minhyuk, since you insist on protecting Jooheon."

Minhyuk widened his eyes and looked noticeably offended. Before he could throw a nasty response back at Kihyun, Shownu interrupted him.

"Guys, stop bickering like kids. We wasted almost 30 minutes now." It was unfortunately an understatement. The first 10 minutes were spent in awkward silence that consisted only of a few quiet and feeble feedbacks that hardly helped the situation.