y u t o

"ew, look at that boy there. if only he didn't have that scar on his face, he would be handsome. too bad." girls kept commenting on his face as they walked past while boys would just snicker at the funny sight.

he was used to the comments thrown at him everywhere he went. after all, his face had a hideous scar as he would like to describe it. his name is adachi yuto.

every day, yuto wears a black hoodie over his school uniform with his hood up in attempt to hide his face.

as he was walking slowly with his head down in the hallways, a speeding petite figure bumped into him and they both fell down.

"sorry! i'm in a rush!" she said and ran away. yuto was about to ask for her name but she ran way too fast, maybe as fast as usain bolt? (nahh)

he saw something in front of him shining, he went over to pick it up. it was a nametag. "yoo hyejin? was it that girl earlier? well better return it."

t h e n e x t d a y

yuto went to find hyejin the next day. luckily for him, the school had a website with each students' non-personal particulars on there. "class 3-2, class 3-2, class 3-2"

"hey! hoodie boy! are you chanting some weird stuff or what?" yura, hyejin's friend went up to him and asked.

"uh i need to return something to um... yoo hyejin."

"you sound very suspicious, what do you have there?"

"n-nametag."

"OH MY! did you steal that? you pervert!" yura shouted.

"no no no no no no no, i didn't! trust me, i'm no pervert!"

"what's the commotion?" hyejin stepped in.

"this guy has your nametag." yura pointed.

oh, she's so pretty. yuto thought in his head.

yuto gave her nametag to hyejin. "thanks uh.. adachi yuto?"

from that day onwards, hyejin made friends with yuto. but she had never asked about the scar on his face before, she was afraid she would offend him.

curiosity kills the cat, doesn't it?

"yuto, i'm sorry to ask this but why do you have the scar on your face?" hyejin asked.

"you heard rumors that i got this scar from killing my parents with fire in the building right?" yuto asked.

hyejin didn't reply, which yuto took as a yes.

"in fact, i was trying to save them. but i couldn't find them in time." yuto's voice cracked.

"getting this scar as a punishment, for not saving my parents." slowly, one by one, tears dropped from his eyes, down to his cheeks.

hyejin wasn't a good comforter so she didn't know what to do. going by dramas, she hugged yuto. "hey, it's okay. i'm sure your parents appreciate that you even risked your life to go in and save them. although it's not successful. the best people all have some kind of scar."

that one line made yuto think about his parents in the past.

f l a s h b a c k

"yuto, remember. the best people all have some kind of scar." his father told him in middle of their life lesson.

"the best people all have some kind of scar" hyejin said

"the best people all have some kind of scar"  his father said

...

y a y

i managed to write this and i'm liking the plot :) i wanted to make it sad or touching but i don't feel it myself because i don't get affected at these kind of stuff in books easily? i hope you guys like it! <3