Prologue-1

[Song: Heartless- Kanye West]

Tyler was laying on a couch in his study, tossing around a football, bored.

Then Marie Andrews and Hayley Marshall walked in.

Tyler stopped what he was doing as he heard their footsteps

"So this is where you've been hiding, huh?" Hayley asked.

Tyler sat up and turned to face the women surprised, "Hayley? Marie?"

"Hey Tyler" Marie said greeting him with a smile as she and Hayley walked closer to their friend. Tyler rushed to bring his close friends into a friendly embrace.

Hayley pulled away, punching the un-sired hybrid in the arm as Marie tried to hide a laugh, "Asshole. Marie heard Klaus killed you"

"I should have called," Tyler said apologetically to the two girls

"Yeah that would have been appreciated" Marie said softly

"From your trailer park in Florida, you liar!" Hayley replied, looking around as she saw Marie walk to the bookshelf grabbing the oldest book to find.

"Hayley talked you through every turn. We helped you break your sire bond, I hid you from Klaus. You could have told us the real story" Marie said as she flipped through the pages of the book she was holding. Hayley walked over to Marie to stand next to her.

"I didn't want anyone to follow me back," Tyler told them, noticing the angelic look in Marie eyes, the hidden fire in them as she stared him down. "Werewolves aren't safe around here, let alone witches"

Hayley rolled her eyes, "Marie is a siphon"

Tyler stepped closer to the girls, "His hybrids are all over this house, so is he"

"I know," Hayley told him, "One of his hybrids is a packmate I ran with. He called me and told me he was coming to protect a guy named Tyler"

Marie looked at Tyler, "When Hayley told me, I siphoned some magic from Hayley's werewolf venom to track you down"

Hayley wrapped her arm around Tyler's shoulder, smirking. "Well, the least you can do is pour us some fancy rich people Scotch. You know, to make up for lying to us, breaking Marie's heart." Marie glared at her bestfriend and Tyler laughed at the encounter.

"Gladly, just take a seat on the couch" Tyler said to his friends.

Hayley and Marie smiled at each other before walking to the couch and plopping down laughing at each other

[Song ends]

~~~~

Tyler opened his door finding his girlfriend Caroline Forbes standing outside.

Caroline smiled and wrapped her arms around him. "I ditched Rebekah's ditching party." She kissed him before noticing the hybrids. "What's up with all the testosterone?"

"Klaus' Hybrids," Tyler told her, "I'm on house arrest."

"Says who? Your mom?" Caroline asked. "Come on, sneak out."

"Not my mom Care." Tyler told her quietly

"Caroline looked at him in confusion, Tyler gave her a look and Caroline grew upset.

"Klaus? You've got to be kidding me."

~~~~

Hayley and Marie were still in the study, Hayley picked up a picture of Tyler with his parents as Klaus appeared in the doorway looking at Marie "You're a new face" Hayley put the picture down, looking at him

"No buddy, she's off limits." Hayley said defensively

"And I take it from your accent you're an Original." Marie said in her soft, angelic, innocent voice."

Klaus smiled at the young woman addressing him. He's never seen such a beautiful woman. "My reputation precedes me," Klaus said, "Hopefully not all bad"

"A little good" Hayley said

"mostly bad" Marie added

Klaus walked closer. "So you're both a friend of Tyler's. That's odd, he's never mentioned either of you."

"Well he's mentioned you," Hayley said as she walked close to her naive friend, "You're the narcissistic Hybrid."

"I've read about all the disgusting monstrous things you and your family has done. I study your mother's spells." Marie said to the Hybrid

"We'd love to stay and chat but we really don't want to." Hayley said as she grabbed her friend's hand to leave.

Klaus tilted his head and smiled, impressed. He then heard Caroline's voice with his supernatural hearing

~~~

Tyler was walking into the study looking for his visiting friends only to find Klaus sitting with his feet propped up on the desk.

"She's quite fetching, that little witch of yours. Hayley is quite spunky, what was your little witches' name?" Klaus said to Tyler as he took a sip of his bourbon

"Where are they?" Tyler asked.

"Oh they had to run," Klaus answered. "But don't worry, i had them take the back door so Caroline wouldn't see."

Tyler walked closer. "Whatever you think you know--"

"I don't know anything, Tyler," Klaus said cutting him off. "But I put together a convincing picture. Why don't you tell me where my imagination deviates from reality?" Klaus stood, lightly dropping his glass of bourbon on the desk to stand up in front of Tyler, "You went off to the Appalachians to break my sire bond. There you met a pack of werewolves and begged them for help. Among them was a girl, she was gorgeous. Emotions ran high, inhibitions ran low."

"Stop it," Tyler told him.

"Then in a moment of weakness, the thick sexual tension became much more real," Klaus said. "But which girl? Couldn't have been your little Witch, she seems far too tame to act on such desires...but Hayley, she seems to enjoy a thrill."

Tyler looked at him. "I said, stop."

"And Caroline has no idea," Klaus summarized. "Oh."

Klaus' phone began to ring, he looked at it and smiled at Tyler. "Hello Damon."