The Black Knight Prt 1

Start from the beginning

“He is regarded being one of the best minds, as well as Swordsmen. It’s partial to all the training I did with him and the time we spent as underlings together.” Esdeath spoke up. She walked over to the table, arms crossed over her chest. “And as for the Rival thing, it’s a myth. I don’t see him as a Rival, just a fellow general.” Esdeath walked past her Jaegers. “I will be attending his meeting with the Minister and Emperor.” Esdeath said, leaving the room and heading down the hallway.

Truth was Esdeath and The Black Knight were more than a pair of Generals who respected one another. They were more akin to friends, with how the two practically grew up in the ranks of the military. Of course, she did know about The Black Knight’s biggest secret, that being his real name. Well, her and his Black Fang knew this.

Shortly arriving in the capital, The Black Knight made sure that is what he was called. To her, this knowledge meant nothing, but she did keep it quiet about it. As she got closer to the throne room, Esdeath felt a smile crept on her face. In truth, Esdeath may have had a certain admiration, or maybe something even more so since the two of them were quite the same. They were equally caring, as cruel if need be, and even shared the same ideal: The strong thrive as the weak perish. Even if they have a different definition on “The Strong.”

Esdeath entered the throne room, just in time as the doors opened and walking though was The Black Knight and his Black Fangs, Linus, Lloyd, Jaffar and the youngest member, Nino. (Yes, I am only using four fangs. Since a wolf only has four fangs. Get it?) The Black Fangs got onto one knee, while The Black Knight stood tall, hands on top of his sword as it dug a bit into the ground. “Ah, and here is the man of the hour. We were just talking about your little roadblock.” The Minister said. “I hope it wasn’t too taxing on your men.”

“It wasn’t much more than a roadblock as you put it.” The Black Knight said, he voice both commanding, and menacing. (Refer to you as the Black Knight when you are among others.)

“Of course. Why, it’s quite beneficial. Three more armies and generals of the Revolution now gone.” The Minister said.

“You could see it that way. But it possibly means that now they have the numbers. To send that many corpses at me.” The Black Knight said.

“I see….so then things are escalating faster than anticipated.” The Emperor said.

“No need to worry your Majesty. With our best home now, I don’t see the Revolution making a move anytime soon.” The Minister said.

“I wouldn’t underestimate our enemy Minister. Even though they are made of idealistic fools and tribals, if lead the right mind, they can prove a threat. Still, there is some truth with General Esdeath’s and mine presence now here, the Revolution will have to think carefully on any further action.” The Black Knight said.

“Like I said your Majesty, no need to worry.” The Minister said. “But let’s move on to other things. Since your mission to the south was a success and with the extra three armies. I think a reward is in order.”

“No need. Any money to be given to me, give it to those who lost a family member. I wish for them to know their loved one’s life was nothing.” The Black Knight said. “

“Well, that is mighty generous.” The Emperor said.

“Yes, indeed. Now, there is one more thing. With your return to the capital, I wish for you to join General Esdeath in a special task I have given her. The Elimination of Night Raid.” The Minister said. It was well known that Night Raid had been a thorn in the Capital’s side, but ever since Esdeath’s return, things have calmed down a bit, and now with The Black Knight, odds are they would rethink a few things.