Asawa Ko

He was a bit amused with his wife's jealousy over the phone. He kept smiling as he drove tha car with his dad.
What's with the smile son? Is it Maymay?

How did you know dad?
Well I am sorry to take you away from your honeymoon.. but this matters might affect both of your future. How is it all going with your wife?

We are good Dad... never been better...

Good for you then. From the start I know that you were meant for each other.

Really Dad?

Yes... I can see that you only have your eyes on her. You never left her side. All your decisions depends on her.You are not aware but all your actions way back then brought both of you to where you are right now..

Yeah... I don't know.. as if all my life I have been waiting for her. And when I met her... all falls into places. It like she completes what is
missing in my life... I love her so much Dad..

I know... I am happy son that you have found the right girl for you.

By the way Dad, what is it that I have to attend the board meeting today?

Well son, I have to retire, and as my son, it is your choice to replace me. But if not, then we can assign another person for that. I know this is untimely because you and Maymay just got married, with both of your commitments in the Philippines, it would be hard for you to manage the company and she will be left there. Just hear out the meeting. I won't force you to accept this...

I will try to listen Dad. Let's see...

He find it confusing... he is having the time of his life with Maymay in the Philippines. But he couldn't  turn his back from his father's request.
As they arrived at VMC building he remembered when he was 10 years old and dreamt of working their with his father. But all changed when he went to the Philippines.
As soon as the meeting adjourned ,Edward stayed alone in the office to think. He let the driver of the company bring his dad home. He want to be alone.
Hello Baby...
Edwardo... may last lay out pa ko... tawag ako sayo mamaya promise I love you Mwaah
And the phone went off...

He closed his eyes as he rest his head on the reclined chair.

He missed his wife so much. But he felt guilty if he wouldn't help his dad run the company. He could tell that his dad is not the well anymore.
He walks slower. He could also see that his dad seemed to aged.
He called his Mom...
Anak..
Mom... is Dad Okay? Is there something you didn't tell me?
Anak... how will I tell you this.... your Dad is dying.....
He could hear his Mom on the other line crying.
Why mom?!!!Is he sick?
Yes. The doctor told us that he only has 3 months to live. He has colon cancer.,, stage 4.

Oh Mom.... I will go home now... wait for me...

He hurriedly dashed off to his car and drove home. Tears streaming on his face as he remembered all the things that his Dad done to him. He even helped him court Maymay. He is the best father he could ever have. His Dad even allowed her Mom to go with him in his career in the Philippines for 4 years. He sacrificed his wife to take care of him. He appreciate it now that he also now has a wife. His father is a selfless man.

His phone rang...
Maymay calling...

Edwardo mahal ko...kumusta ka dyan?

I love you baby ...

Hala emote ka man?

May.... Daddy Kevin has cancer... he could be gone soon.

He stopped the car and continue talking to his wife.

Totoo? Oh my God! Bakit? Gusto mo puntahan kita dyan ... kukuha lang ako nang ticket.. at magpaalam sa manager natin. Dapat na nilang malaman na kasal na tayo. Para maintindihan nila bakit ako pupunta dyan...
Thank you May... I need you here...
Don't worry Edward... kaya natin to... mag ingat ka dyan.. ako na bahala dito...
Salamat ... I love you.. if I can not call
you later it means I am taking care of Dad... okay?
I understand Edward... ingat at mahal na mahal kita...
I love you and call me ...