Filled with renewed determination, Changkyun continued explaining before anyone asked questions that he knew would be answered after his short speech. "So the point is, there has to be a reason why Smiley chose Jooheon for this game. He told us it was because Jooheon was scared of the dark, so he could use this weakness as an advantage." The longer he went on, more ideas and explanations popped into Changkyun's head, making him smile at his fast-turning brain and its ability to think of arguments spontaneously.

"But since Smiley repeated his advice only before this game and not the others, there has to be a special reason. It's a hint to the winning strategy for this game. And I think he wants us to follow in Jooheon's footsteps by reminding us of something that separates him from Wonho. So we have to choose Jooheon. I don't know for sure what will happen afterwards, but I dare say choosing him will lead to a better fate than choosing Wonho right now."

Finally the last word was spoken, and there was only one last step to carry out. Wait. Looking around the circle anxiously, he hoped to see realization and acknowledgement replace the confused and suspecting ones. Instead their thoughtful looks gave nothing away, expressions unreadable to Changkyun.

Everyone except for Changkyun was sharing glances as if having a conversation that Changkyun wasn't included in. After a few seconds that seemed more like the longest 5 minutes of his life, Changkyun felt alert again after someone started speaking.

He didn't expect Hyungwon to be the person talking. "Judging by their faces, I don't think they're fully convinced, and I'm not either. It's hard to guess what others are thinking after all, and you can't really prove what you said about Smiley is correct. Of course, we can't do that either. No one knows what's going on in Smiley's head." Changkyun nodded slowly, unsure of where this was going. Though Hyungwon hasn't exactly said he believed him yet, Hyungwon didn't sound like he was going to disagree either, which Changkyun took as a good omen.

Hyungwon looked serious, making Changkyun do the same himself. "Just one more thing, Changkyun." The straight face Changkyun was trying to keep didn't last long when Hyungwon asked his question. "What's your university major?" The question was so off-topic it sounded slightly funny to Changkyun.

Despite having no idea why the question was asked, Changkyun answered anyways, not seeing any reason not to. "Computer Science and Psychology." Saying that out loud reminded him of things he didn't want to remember right now. It was hard enough to take two majors at the same time, now that he missed a few days of school it was going to be hell when he got back.

Changkyun swallowed the exasperated sigh tickling his throat, trying to pay full attention to Hyungwon, who looked satisfied and fully convinced. "Great, let's press Jooheon's button then." He looked at the others as if asking "any objections?".

The confidence Hyungwon showed allowed no room for further questions or suspicions. His eyes had the certainty that determines the final conclusion of the discussion, and he was definitely ready to press the blue button. Before anyone could say anything, Hyungwon's fingers landed on the screen, as if expecting everyone else to follow.

Changkyun was surprised that they did.

Looking for answers, he turned to Hyungwon. "What does my university majors have to do with anything about this?" In his peripheral vision he saw Minhyuk looking down on his lap, probably wiping away the scalding tears he knew Minhyuk had been keeping for a long time.

Hyungwon smiled and shrugged. "Nothing, I just wanted to know."

Changkyun tilted his head, but smiled shortly afterwards, finding Hyungwon's answer amusing. Something in his head told him he understood, but it still felt like trying to get a firm grip on a slippery thread.