Subaru x depressed child reader

I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep so please put up with me.

You quietly sat in your room staring blankly at your floor. You listened as the ticking of the clock filled your ears. 'Dad had another tantrum today.' You thought remembering the sounds of things breaking in the room next to you followed by loud curses. You felt small tears prick the corners of your eyes as you bit your lip.

"I...I hate living this life..." You cried hiding your face in your knees. A few months ago you and your father Subaru had moved back into your uncles mansion. Your mother had run off with another man leaving the two of you with nothing. 'Mom...what are you doing now? Are you having fun?' You thought. You glanced out the window seeing the moon shine brightly in the night sky.

Why did I ever give birth to such a monster!

You let out a small sigh as you leaned up against the wall. "No matter how hard I try...I'll never forget her harsh words." You whispered sadly. Just then you heard a knock on your door causing you to look over. "It's open." You called quietly. The door opened revealing your uncle Reiji who stood there with a blank expression.

"(Y/n) it's been three days since you've left your room." He spoke with his usual cold tone. "Please go and clean up. We're having dinner soon." He said pushing up his glasses. You just stared at him with dead eyes slowly nodding your head. "Yes uncle..." You mumbled. He stood there for a moment before nodding his head and leaving the room.

You took one last look at the moon before standing up and grabbing fresh clothes along with a towel. You walked to your bathroom and sat in the tub. "I wonder...why do my parents look at me like I'm no good?" You asked yourself. "Mother always hated me...and dad... he can't even look at me..." You said frowning even more. You let out a deep sigh before sinking deep into the water.

You stayed like that for a while. 'I wonder...will I drown if I stay put?' You thought. Just then you heard a loud knock causing you to open your eyes. "Oi! Are you done yet?!" Ayato yelled. You slowly lifted yourself from the water feeling slightly agitated. "Almost." You said coldly. It was silent for a moment before he spoke again. "(Y/n)...you're worrying us." He said softly to your surprise.

"You used to be a smiling little girl. What's happening to you?" He asked. You didn't say anything as you looked down at the water. "Who knows?" You asked. After that you got out of the bath and changed into new clothes. You left your room and slowly made your way down the hall. As you're walking a door opens causing you to look up. Your eyes went wide in surprise when you saw your father standing there.

He looked at you surprised before frowning and looking away. You frowned at this holding your arm. "H-hi..." You whispered softly. "...Hey." He mumbled. Neither of you said a word after that. You bit your lip before continuing to walk. "...Nice to see you again dad." You mumbled with no emotion as you walked past him. He didn't say anything as he watched you walk off.

He bit his lip reaching a hand out as if he wanted to say something but stopped himself.

~time skip~

Dinner as usual was very quiet. You sat there staring blankly at your food. 'I'm not hungry...' You thought. "(Y/n) you're not eating. Is something wrong?" Shu asked lazily opening an eye. You shook your head no not bothering to say anything. "You should eat." Subaru grumbled causing you to glance at him. "If not you're only wasting the food." He said coldly.

'Of course he'd say that.' You thought. "Tch! That's not why Shu pointed that out bastard!" Ayato yelled slamming his fist on the table. Everyone looked over at him. Subaru shot him a glare. "What's that supposed to mean?" He spat. "Seriously? How damn stupid can you be?!" Ayato yelled pissed. He soon relaxed slightly his expression turning cold.

"Oh...that's right. You never even spare your own daughter a single glance so of course you wouldn't." He said clicking his tongue. "YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!" Subaru yelled roughly slamming his fist on the table causing it to break in half. You sat there surprised. Laito who sat next to you pulled you closer to him as he glared at your dad thinking that he'd hurt you if his temper got out of hand.

"Enough." Reiji said coldly. He stood up letting out a frustrated sigh. "Ayato is right Subaru." He said shooting your dad a glare. "You've never shown (Y/n) any fatherly love. Due to that you haven't realized that she has been locked in her room for three days and hasn't eaten a single thing." He said causing Subaru to flinch. Laito hummed as he spoke.

"I bet you haven't even realized that she was sent to a hospital for depression two weeks ago have you?" He asked. Subaru quickly looked down at you causing you to frown and look away from him. "(Y/n)?" He asked. You grit your teeth as you quickly went and teleported away into your room. "(Y/N)!" You heard him yell from the other side of the mansion.

You just laid in your bed tears falling from your face. "I...I just want to be loved by my parents." You cried desperately. You laid there silently crying to yourself for what seemed like hours. Just then you heard a knock from your door. "Please...just leave me alone." You whispered your voice cracking slightly. You heard a small click meaning that the door was opened.

"(Y/n)." A familiar voice spoke causing you to freeze. "Please...look at me." Subaru whispered. You slowly sat up lifting your head to look at your father. He stood there looking down at you with sad eyes. "I'm...I'm sorry." He whispered gritting his teeth. "I...I'm giving you the same damn childhood I grew up with." He cursed going and holding his head as he fell to his knees.

"(Y/n)....why didn't you tell me you were depressed? Why didn't you tell me I was being a terrible dad? Why didn't you punch the hell out of me?!" He cried angrily. You knew he wasn't angry at you. He was angry at himself. You just sat there silently looking at him. "Dad..." You called quietly reaching a hand out to him.

You gently went and pat his head causing him to stiffen. "I didn't say anything...because I know how much you suffer from your parents and mom leaving..." You whispered softly. You could feel your voice starting to crack. Subaru stopped crying as he slowly looked up at you. You looked down at him tears falling from your eyes as you smiled at him.

"All I want...is to be loved by you dad." You cried. He grit his teeth as he went and hugged you close.

"I promise...I'll stop being a shitty dad (Y/n)."