"...Yeah, it does," I admitted. Could someone really survive a bullet to the brain without immediate treatment? At the very least, it'd probably leave you with some lasting brain damage. As far as I could tell, though, Hoody was pretty mentally sound. Well, as mentally sound as a murderer could be. On that note...

     "As far as I know, he never actually killed anyone before," Tim mused aloud, as if reading my thoughts. "He threatened us with stuff like pipes before, sure, but it always felt more like empty threats to scare us off. The only person he really wanted to kill—any of us, actually—was Alex."

     "Maybe he got brain damage that made him more aggressive?" I suggested, shrugging. "Brain injuries can change people's personalities."

     "Maybe," Tim muttered, but still sounded uncertain. A rueful smirk suddenly crossed his face, a hollow chuckle escaping him. "...I can't believe we're actually talking about this. I mean, I got away... I escaped... But now here I am, a hundred miles away and back to talking about it all over again."

     "...Sorry." Ducking my head guiltily, I averted my gaze from Tim and instead glanced at the laptop. Rather than look at him, I opened a new tab and started typing. "I didn't mean to bring this up... If I'd known you were the Tim from the series, I'd, well, uh..."

     "You'd hide that you knew it from me until you needed to confront me," he finished for me when I trailed off. "Or you'd keep it secret, and eventually I'd get pulled back into it just by being around you." I quickly raised my head to look at him, surprised by his response.

     "...Pessimistic, aren't you," I muttered as I slowly turned my attention back to the screen.

     "Yeah, well, wouldn't be the first time it happened." I just sighed and shook my head, knowing he had a point. From the summaries I'd read, I knew he'd managed to get back to a normal life for a while until Jay found him again. All it took to get pulled in was to meet another person who was part of it. What really disturbed me, though, was the realization that now I was a part of it, too. My chance meetings with Hoody and the "Tall Man", brief as they were, were all it took to get me pulled into this mess.

     Trying to shake off the thought, I searched for "ToTheArk"'s account and started browsing through the uploads. According to Tim, they were most likely uploaded by Hoody, so I wanted to take a look at them. Maybe then I might be able to understand what goes through his mind, at least a little bit. I randomly clicked on an early one and found myself looking at Jay sitting with a dazed look on his face, dark marks under his eyes. I vaguely recalled reading about this one earlier, it was linked to a video of Jay waking up in the middle of night and leaving, only to have no memory of what he did.

     "...So by 'kind of' sleepwalking, you meant when you'd do stuff at night with no memory, right?" I asked softly, and Tim sighed as he nodded.

     "Yeah... That and the whole thing with, well..." He trailed off, but I knew what he was thinking about: his split personality experiences with Masky. I couldn't blame him for not wanting to talk about it, it seemed pretty messed up.