Chapter 43: Between the Blood Battle (Part 1)

Slate's POV:

As soon as I let the bomb off at my side, Mark hears it and does the same on his side creating a deafening yet massive explosion on both ends of their base. There's a moment of silence before a roaring sound is to be heard. They're coming, in fact they're all charging their way here. An army of them. They must have been expecting us, but how? They are definitely coming in their numbers.

I glance to my left seeing Fourie at my side. "They're distracted. Obviously they're going to come to the right and left entrance where the bombs went off. You go through the middle entrance. No one will be there. Go." I demand, not really giving a sh*t about Fourie, but I do care about AJanae and Drew and the only way I'm getting them back is if Fourie follows through and plants the main bomb in the centre of their base before setting it off like planned.

Fourie nods at me and turns to leave with the bomb in his hands, but then he pauses and turns to me with a contemplative frown, "When Chad and the wolves come, you get out." he emphasizes, "You go join Ben where it's safe like we planned, okay?" Fourie demands more than asks in a clearly concerned tone.

"We've been over this. I know." I reply coldly, "And don't pretend that you give a f**k about me." I add scornfully.

Fourie opens his mouth to say something, perhaps to deny it, but thinks better against it arguing right now and decides to go with, "Just get out alive." That's his last words to me as he slips past me and enters via the middle entrance where no vampires will be because they're all set off to the left and right entrances where the mini bombs have been just set off.

The sound of them coming intensifies and I quickly let out a loud whistle, signalling for Chad and his wolf squad to enter, hearing Mark do the exact same in the process from his side. This is suppose to be the part where I get out. The exit is right behind me and now I'm suppose to let Chad and the wolves take over, but for some reason I don't move.

I barely have a second to question my own motives before the vampires pitch, with our own wolf army and Chad behind me. Chad gives me a look as to why I'm still even here, before motioning for me to leave and readjusting his attention on the threat at hand as the vampires begin to attack.

Then it hits me.

I know Fourie better than anyone else knows him. And I know he's lying. He's lying about everything. I can see it in his eyes. He has no intention of setting that bomb off. With that thought in mind, I take off running in the direction Fourie had went whilst I leave the armies to fight it out.

Chad's POV:

I don't understand. What's up with that Slate kid? He was suppose to stick to the plan, not go after Fourie. From the corner of my eye I see a vampire going after the kid. Shit! That kid is going to get himself killed. I turn, preparing to go after him, but my thoughts fly out the window when the vampire attacking me takes out a gun with wooden bullets.

Ah f**k!

I glance over to the kid's father, the alpha of the wolves and send him a message with my eyes that his son is in danger. He bows his head and growls to one of the other wolves to take charge. I presume it's the second in command, the beta. I let out a breath of relief as the Alpha runs down the middle entrance after his son.

I can focus again. 

I dodge the bullets that go flying past me before leaping forward in great speed and snapping his neck, taking the gun out his hand and using it for my own advantage whilst the wolfs are using the same tactic as me, leaping and snapping the vampires' necks.

It's just chaos and more fighting wherever you look. There's no time to think, only to react. 

So much blood spilt...