Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

‘Don’t know what you are talking about,’ he said, simply. Hermione narrowed her eyes at him but he only raised his eyebrows, not giving in.

‘You tried to ruin our relationship. I cant believe you would be that petty!’ Hermione was losing her patience as his mouth turned upwards into a smirk.

She was beyond shocked when Ron started to laugh as though she had said the funniest joke he had ever heard. Hermione’s hands shook of anger as she glared at him.

‘What in Merlin’s name is so funny?!’ she screeched. Her hormones were getting worse too and people around her noticed when she changed from happy to a raging monster in a matter of seconds.

‘You and him, huh? I never thought you would forget us and everything we’ve been through. I mean, I basically kissed you... in the chamber of secrets... while killing a horcrux... and having water thrown over us. How can he compete with that?’ asked Ron, leaning back in the sofa as he waited for his answer.

‘He doesn’t have to compete and what we’ve been through means nothing in terms of who I love. I love you as a friend, Ronald, you know that,’ said Hermione, feeling sympathetic for him. It was kind of romantic in a weird and extremely twisted way that he would go through all that just to get the girl he loved... too bad it didn’t work, Hermione thought.

‘So what... you’re breaking up with me?’ asked Ron, he laughed but it wasn’t out of humour. Hermione realised that Ron couldn’t express his feelings to her so he tried to mask them by acting like everything was going to be fine.

‘I guess I am, Ron. I’d still like you to stay in my life though,’ said Hermione, she stood up and went to sit next to him. Ron looked into her eyes as she took his hand, ‘if you want.’

‘Why?’ Ron grasped her hand tighter in his hand and sat forward, ‘why do you want me in your life, Hermione?’

‘I’ll miss you. I did spend half of my life with you, you know,’ Hermione chuckled softly.

Ron moved closer to Hermione. She looked up at him, her eyes showed that she was afraid but she didn’t move away. Ron muttered her name under his breath and cupped her cheek. Hermione slowly gained a faint pink tinge in her cheeks as he chuckled.

‘Ron... I can’t-’

‘Yes, you can,’ muttered Ron, cutting her off as he pressed his lips to hers.

Ron’s hands grabbed onto her face to stop her from pulling away. Hermione tried to resist at first by pushing his chest away but this had no effect on him other than trying to kiss her harder. Ron’s kiss deepened and he held her tighter. Hermione stopped resisting. It was useless, Ron was too strong for her.

‘Give in, Hermione,’ muttered Ron when he pulled away. He smiled at her and started to kiss her neck. Hermione sighed, moving backwards on the sofa until her back hit the end. Ron moved with her, ‘give in and kiss me. I promise I won’t hurt you.’