Synopsis

It's been two years since the Cullens defeated the evil vampire dictators that were The Vulturi. They've enjoyed two years of peace. Carlisle and Esme have taken over as the center of the vampire government, as they try to make a new and better society for vampires to live in. Chloe has been collecting gifted vampires for her very own coven of treasures, fully embracing the life she once resented. Renesmee and Jacob are living in Wyoming, away from their families for the first time in their lives, Bella and Edward have moved to Alaska, and are enjoying peace for the first time in their lives, and Emmett and Lucas have stayed behind in Washington to live their normal lives, and raise their family.

When the whispers of a mysterious vampire hunter make its way to Carlisle he and Esme come back to Washington to investigate, Vampires are turning up staked. 

Lucas deals with the life of being a parent, while struggling with the sudden unreliability of his powers. When he and Emmett are suddenly stuck as humans after a lapse in Lucas's power, they deal with the dangers of being mortal.

Chloe hears of a new vampire with the power to cast illusions, as well as mimic any gift he encounters. She sets her eyes on the vampire, and will travel all through Europe to find him. 

The twins begin to experience the birth of their own powers. One gift has the power to either resolve all of Lucas's past mistakes, or revive the biggest danger they've ever faced. With the powers manifesting in an unbalanced way, the Cullens must help the twins gather control of their powers, or watch everything they've built fall apart forever.