+++++++++++

        My heart stops when I hear that yell. I immediately go into panic mode. "Okay." I try to keep calm, but it's hard when you're likely going to be killed."You ......... just keep them distracted..........and don't let them turn around. I have a plan. Just tell them I went to get help or something. And don't you dare get up! You could seriously get your leg even more hurt."

        "I'd rather get my leg hurt, than die." Charlie answers flatly. The guy does have a point.

        "HEY! I SAID FREEZE!" commands the dude from the trees. I can barely see him, but it looks like someone's with him. A girl maybe? I shake myself and get ready for stealth mode.

        "Okay, here goes nothin'." I mutter to myself.

        "Hey. Don't get hurt." Charlie whispers back. Okay. I'm ready. I quietly dash into the forest and search for the two people. My plan is to circle around and attack. This better work.

        "Hey where's the girl?' the guy asks Charlie

        "I think she said she was going to use the bathroom." Charlie answers innocently. I try to fight the urge to stomp out there and throttle him.

        After hearing the guy's voice, I finally spot them, so I creep along to get directly behind them. This HAS to work. Once I'm behind them, I charge. The boy yelps in surprise as I tackle him and we both roll out into the clearing. Once we've stopped, I pin him down to the ground.

        "Get off." he hisses in my face. Our noses are about an inch apart.

        "I don't think so. Who are you and what do you want?" I challenge. And before I know it, the dude jumps up, throwing me off of him. I land onto the ground with a thump. Ouch! Okay this dude just went way too far.

        "My name is Tanner and I want you to show us where you too lovebirds are living." he snarls. Tanner pulls a knife out his sack and bolts toward me. He swings back his knife like he's going to cut me with it. I quickly grab a stick from behind me and hold it out in front of me face like a shield. And it was just in time. His knife bounces off the stick like a balloon bouncing off the ground. I can hear Charlie sigh in relief from behind me. I do exactly the same. Tanner stares at me in surprise. Then I stand up, dart forward, and kick his legs out from underneath them. He plops down into the grass and looks at me, definitely shaken. I didn't know I was this good. My chest puffs up in pride as I gaze down on Tanner. But that only lasts for a second because he then grabs my foot and sweeps me off MY feet. "You think it's funny now, little princess?" he taunts once I've dropped too. We both stand up and glare at each other. I hit his hand and the knife goes flying into the woods.

        "Looks like your little toy is.......... gone. Little boys shouldn't play with such dangerous weapons." I jeer. I lunge at him and grab onto his neck. He tries throwing me off but I don't let go. His face starts turning red and he tries gasping for air. Tanner collapses and I go down too.

        "Alex! NOW!" he tries yelling to the girl. Unfortunately she hears him and dashes over to Charlie. Oh crap. This not good. She pulls out the same sort of knife Tanner had and points it at Charlie's neck. This is what I was hoping wasn't going to happen.

        "Let go now or I'll kill your helpless little boyfriend." she gibes. I have to let go. I have to save Charlie. "NOW!" Alex screams. I let go of Tanner and he stumbles over to Alex, still gasping for air.

        "What do you want with us?" I question while I dart over to Charlie. "Are you OK?" I whisper.

        "No I'm fine. But the really question is, are you okay?" Charlie whispers back. "You always seemed so.........."

        "Peaceful?"

        "No were NEVER peaceful." he snorts, but more kindly he adds."But seriously, are you okay, Sky?"

        "Yeah, I probably just have a bruise on my bum. I'm totally fine though. Maybe just a little shaken up." I insure him. Charlie sets his hand on mine.

          "I was just making sure that Dr. Skyler was alright." he teases.

        "Alright you two. Show us where your house is. And I don't want any funny business." Tanner sneers.

        "Why should we?" I ask stubbornly.

        "Because then we'll kill you if you don't." says Tanner as Alex points her knife at us.

        "Okay." sighs Charlie.

        "WHAT? You're just give up? That's not like you Charlie!" I scold. The real Charlie would fight them or something. This isn't the real him. Tanner commands me to stand up, so I do. He yanks my hands behind my back and ties them with rope. Alex does the same to Charlie. "Wait!" I warn her. "Charlie has a hurt leg!"

        "Well Charlie just has to deal with it." she jeers. We start walking, Charlie leading the way back. Tanner holds onto the rope tightly, so I can't escape. I need Mia right now. I need to get her.

        "MIA! I scream. Tanner automatically covers my mouth. I need to get away. So I chomp down on his fingers.

        "OWWWWWWWWW!" he screams in pain, and when Alex goes to help him, Charlie and both take off running. He's doing pretty well for a guy with a huge cut on his leg.

        When we get to the houses, I see Mia rushing around outside of them. "What happened? Why are you......." she asks bewildered.

        "One word, RUN!" I yell.

Surviving the Tornadoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें