Chapter Twentyfour

Start from the beginning

"That's twenty bucks!" Niall shouted, pointing his index finger at Louis as to glorify the sentence more. 

Louis huffed, rolling his eyes. "Whatever, it's just twenty." 

"Just twenty? Mate, I'm picking up some hooker at the corner of a street and taking her home," Niall chuckled loudly in his hysterical laughter. He had a stupid way of laughing at things and when something funny was said it made everything a lot more amusing only because he was laughing too. 

I snickered. "Hope you get some STD." 

Niall narrowed his eyes at me, gasping as if I meant what I said. He rarely gets offended about anything. The guy doesn't even care what he says and as a result ends up being labeled "that guy". That guy that everyone knows at parties because he's got something up his sleeve every day. Because he's loud and funny. "That guy" the ladies want to be with, but he turns them all down just to play hard to get. 

"Ey, guys, do you guys remember freshman year? Sneaking into the girls lockeroom? Bethany Root was the first naked girl we had ever seen," Niall sighed, leaning back into his seat as the game was cut to commercial. 

Louis inhaled deeply, leaning back as well in reminiscence of that special day. I felt my phone go off in my pocket again, ignoring it once again before Louis interrupted my thoughts. "Mate, I think you should answer that."

"It's an unknown number. Anyone I actually want to talk to is already on this phone," I muttered, running my hands through my hair before letting them fall onto my knees. "Plus, it's probably some dumb shit trying to sell me something."

"Wow, you're an asshole." Niall laughed. "Just like before. Maybe an even bigger one." 

Instead of being offended I only pursed my lips, eventually agreeing with him. I don't care if I come off as an asshole to anyone. Rarely a time is given when I'm caring what anyone thinks about me. I've learned others and their opinions are useless to my life the hard way. No matter how I treated people, the criminal record was there staining my present and future with the past. 

"But have you seen his girlfriend?" Louis asked Niall, smirking. "She's prettier than anyone you'd think he'd get with that attitude." 

Who does he think he is calling my girlfriend pretty? I immediately scoffed in defense. "Hey. I could get anyone. That's why I got Tiana Lynn in fifth grade and none of you dickheads did." 

Niall rolled his eyes, playing with the couch pillow on his lap. "That was the fifth grade, you wanker! Doesn't count anymore. Plus, tell me more about your girlfriend. What's her name?" 

There was no way I was sharing information on my girlfriend. Who my girlfriend is is only for me to know and anyone else who already is aware of our relationship. I don't need to share the information with anyone else, especially Niall since I know he'll tease the shit out of me. 

But before I could stop Louis from opening his big mouth, he rapidly spat out her name. "Serenity Carter."