Falling In *An Oliver Wood One-Shot*

Every time I see your face

My heart takes off on a high speed chase

Now don't be scared, it's only love

Baby, that we're falling in

How can he not see it? I’ve been in love with him since third year- third year- and now we’re in our sixth. I mean really? One of your best mates fancies you for ages and you can’t notice it?

I mean I know he loves Quidditch, its one of the things I love about him, but it can’t distract him that much can it? I guess I’ll never know. I’m terrible at sports, since I’m so incredibly clumsy. Or accident-prone, as Oliver calls it. *Sigh* He could call me the Loch Ness Monster and I wouldn’t care.

But, I don’t think he notices my feelings. I’m rather good at hiding them, so only Fred and George know, and that’s only because they’re nosy gits. I wish I could just go up to Oliver and ask him to Hogsmeade with me, but there’s a reason I’m not a Gryffindor. I’m a Ravenclaw, so I strategize and plan. I’m big on plans. And I’ll think of one.

Eventually.

I can't wait till tomorrow

This feeling has swallowed me whole

And know that I've lost control

This heart that I've followed

Has left me so hollow

That was then, this is now, yeah you have changed everything

Not that I don’t have any other friends or anything because I do. I’ve had guys ask me out. Sometimes I say yes, other times no. I just keep holding out on the hope that he’ll finally recognize me as a girl. Like someone he could date girl. So lying in my bed, this morning I made a resolution. I was going to ask Oliver out. Today.

Have you ever notice that things sound so much better when your lying in bed? Okay, I’m a coward. I just walked into the hall and he waved me over. I opened my mouth and…

Closed it. I greeted them and took a seat, pulling some eggs toward me. Oliver looked at me, stopped his Quidditch conversation and smiled. I grinned stupidly back and pretended like I knew what he was talking about.

Every time I see your face

My heart takes off on a high speed chase

Now don't be scared, it's only love

That we're falling in

Oliver is infuriating. Annoying. But then, cute. Funny. Charming. All in all, a pretty decent guy. A tendency to over-talk Quidditch and go all Nazi-Captain on the team, but he’s an okay guy.

So why am I so in love with him? I ask it myself sometimes. Is it the way he tilts his parchment when he takes notes? The way he runs his fingers through his hair when he’s agitated? The excited look he gets in his eyes when he talks about Quidditch? Will he ever get that excited when he talks about me? Somehow I doubted it.

After Herbology, Fred and George came up on either side of me and pulled me behind a tree.

“You’re never going to believe-”

“Guess wha-”

“Still can’t believe we didn’t notic-”

“What did you sa-”

I was startled. “What are you two going on about?”

I would never do you wrong

Or let you down or lead you on