The conclusion he made did nothing other than increase his uncertainty. Had Shownu forgiven him? Had the problems been fixed finally?

It was the light squeeze on his shoulder that reminded Kihyun someone was still waiting for his respond. Instead of replying with words, he shrugged off Shownu's grip and wrapped his arms around the firm body, burying his face into the warm chest.

"Everything will be fine, we will go through this together. All seven of us." Because of the height difference, Shownu was able to rest his chin on Kihyun's head, burying the small one even further into his embrace.

Kihyun smiled against the familiar chest and allowed tears to streak down his cheeks, realizing how much he missed the feeling.

They only broke away when someone came running back, a desperate edge in his trembling voice. "Shownu, Kihyun, w-we found t-them...J-Jooheon and Wonho." Kihyun wiped away his tears and saw Changkyun gulp. He was struggling to breathe, let alone talk.

Unsurprisingly, Shownu managed to stay calm. "Slow down Changkyun, bring us to them. Tell us what happened." Shownu said, taking the lead and placing a hand on Changkyun's back once he got close enough. Kihyun followed, shoving away the emotional events moments ago and tried to focus on the task at hands.

Changkyun led both of them down the corridor; turning right twice and entering a room that seemed too out of place, to say the least.

The walls were white, the floor was white, the ceiling was white, the chairs were white, and the lights were white. Everything was white. And the room was brightly lit.

Kihyun had to blink multiple times and rub them a good amount before he was ready to take in the surroundings. There were two huge TV screens on the wall to the left of the entrance, currently turned off. Next to those TVs were two white doors with white handles and white frames, directly opposite of each other. If the screens were the front of the room the doors would be on the left and right of the room. On the back of the room was a huge couch, and right in front of it were five chairs arranged in a circle. The only thing that seemed out of place in the room was the slightly off-white box rested next to the entrance.

Kihyun cursed as he almost tripped over the box, stumbling and catching himself before making a fool of himself. Despite all the places to sit on, everyone was standing right in front of the couch. Kihyun understood how they felt. It wasn't the time to sit and relax.

"Where are they?" Shownu asked, grabbing everyone's attention, which was previously on the TV screens.

"In the rooms." Changkyun replied quietly. As if to confirm, more shouts came from the other side of the doors. They weren't as loud as the first ones, but it was enough to send shivers down everyone's spine.

From the way they were standing, Kihyun could tell that Hyungwon and Minhyuk were affected the most. Visibly shuddering, it was clear the amount of effort trying to fight their weakened demeanours. Their faces were paler than anyone else in the room, maybe even pale enough to camouflage with the walls. Their eyes were filled with urgency, despair, and anxiety. But the one that stuck out most was anger. From the fists that kept clenching and unclenching, Kihyun could tell they were ready to punch the screens if they didn't turn on and tell them what was going on soon.

Luckily, damages and violent acts could be spared as the screens flickered on, revealing the familiar yellow mask. That was now ripped in half. Not that they cared what he looked like anyway. Kihyun wondered why the mask was broken, and how. That mask looked like plastic. He could be wrong, but the TV could only hide so much. Could plastic get ripped off solely by human hands? He thought the owner himself might've done it, but it didn't sound right in his mind. The familiar cackling of the speakers turning on reminded Kihyun the mask wasn't the most important thing right now. And neither were the host's mediocre facial features.