*

"Release her, Robert," Angel growled at the bastard that held a gun to her mother's temple. "Everyone in that room just saw you grab her, and they saw me come in here before the door closed. You're trapped. Derrick will kill you if you harm her."

She hadn't known Robert had had a gun in his hand when he'd grabbed her mother. She had just reacted, following after the woman who had been kept away from her for her entire life. She refused to lose her so soon after having just been reunited with her.

"You fucking cunt!" Robert hissed at her as he backed further into the panic room, his fist in Rebecca's hair causing her to step back with him. "If you had never been born, no one would have known this bitch was still alive, and no one would have come looking for her! This is all your fault!"

Angel barely kept herself from scoffing at the deranged man's logic. He'd been the one to kidnap, torture, and abuse her mother, his own sister, and yet she was the one at fault. Where in all the worlds did that even make sense?

"Let her go, Robert," she tried to conjole. "Let her go, and I'll make sure no one harms you. I can't keep them from imprisoning you, but I can make sure that they don't harm you." She was down right lying to him, now, but she figured with all the lies he had told over the years, one or two to him wouldn't hurt her.

"You worthless bitch," he growled. "How can you promise anything? Your pathetic father was a worthless human. You can't shift. You're not even a wolf. I bet you don't even have a mate out there somewhere. You're just going to go through life being a mediocre, no good human. The only accomplishment you'll ever have will be whelping a couple of human bastards of your own, someday. If you live long enough, that is."

Angel watched out of the corner of her eye as her mother's eyes widened at Robert's hateful words. 'That's right,' she thought. 'We hadn't told her that he believed she'd gotten pregnant by a human.'

"You're right, Robert," she said, never taking her focus off the evil man. "That will be my greatest accomplishment. But you're wrong about them being human, and the fact that I don't have a mate. I've already met him."

Robert jerked his gun in her direction and bellowed. "You lie! You haven't found your mate yet! If you had, he'd have mounted you and marked you! You would have his scent all over you, and you only scent of being human."

"Oh, I've met him," Angel stated calmly as she heard a loud crashing noise behind her. Jared and her father must be trying to break down the door, but she had seen the door when she had dove through the doorway. It was a heavy, thick, steel plated monster, with panelling on the face to disguise it. It would take a torch to cut through it. She sent Jared a mental message informing him of that fact before turning all her attention back to her uncle.

"I've met him, Robert," she said, drawing his attention back to her. "And he's a wolf." She smiled as his face became red at her statement. "Not just a wolf either," she continued, trying to goad him into forgetting all about her mother, and focus his entire being on her. "He's an alpha."

"No!" Robert cried as he pushed Rebecca away from him so he could wrap both hands around the grip of the handgun he still held pointing at Angel.

"Yes!" Angel crowed, jumping to the left as he squeezed the trigger, the bullet barely missing her. She dove forward as he swung the gun in her direction again, trying to get her back in his sights so he could shoot her. Angel grabbed Robert's wrist before he could train the gun on her and pushed up, aiming it at the ceiling instead.

Rebecca lept forward and pushed against Robert's chest as Angel finally wrested the gun out of his grip. The force of it caused him to fly backward, slamming into the opposite wall of the small panic room. Angel winced as Robert's head made a dull thud and he slid lifelessly to the floor. She looked at her mother, and watched the poor woman heave as she tried to catch her breath.

Dropping the gun away from Robert, Angel stepped forward and wrapped her mother in a tight embrace, grateful her uncle hadn't harmed the woman. She looked over her shoulder, eying the unconscious man. She sighed with regret as she noticed his chest still rose and fell. Damn, she thought, he's still alive.

A loud thumping noise brought the two women's attention to the door that had closed behind them. Angel looked at Rebecca and shook her head ruefully. Stubborn, alpha male, she thought.

"I told him it would take a torch to get through that," she told her mother, the hint of humor in her tone. "He doesn't listen very well."

"Most men don't, dear," Rebecca answered. She took a step away from Angel just as a gunshot went off in the small room. Eyes wide, she turned just in time to see Angel stagger forward, a red patch blossoming on the front of her shirt.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry its taken me so long, but I've been rather lazy lately. I'm working on that, i promise! Thanks for being patient with me, though. Love yall!

Kera

P.S. I totally undestand if you all bitch at me. I deserve it! (Hehe, I so just pictured Jon Lovitz, in hell, in Little Nicky just then: "I DESERVE THIS!")