Chapter 06

You Were There For Me Through Gifts:

Chapter 06:

                          Harry was so scared since he never saw his godfather fear anything. He was what people call the epitome of bravery and Gryffindor. Sirius was looking at the building as if it will explode any time and he too was afraid because he too remembered the childhood of Sirius and some scary stories he heard from Sirius about his relatives. Who is she?

He couldn’t see past anything in the dim light. Why is it so dark? It feels so creepy to be here which is saying something since he visited Grimmauld place twice. He looked back to find the door they entered was shut with a loud thud and he gulped.

His robe caught on something and he turned around to pull it only to let out a yelp when he saw there was nothing there. He could hear some sort of scary noises coming all around the corner of the hallway so he moved closer to Sirius and almost glued to him. A hand came and rested on his shoulder which he knew was Sirius’s and relaxed knowing Sirius is here with him. He could also see the hand on his shoulder wasn’t firm like it usually was and the hand was slightly trembling.

Why is Sirius so afraid and why is he not using his wand to light this place?  Actually Why is he not doing that? He pulled his children wand and used one of the spells he can do.

“Lumos”

No one scared or make fun of Sirius. No one…

Maybe his magic understood his instinct because the light from his wand was brighter than the usual light emerged when he used that spell and lit the whole house. He looked around and found three or four house elves were in the hallway with their hands extended in air and was now looking at him with wide eyes. Then it dawned on him they were the one pulling his robe and probably Sirius’s too. He scowled at them.

A prank?

Honestly it was no wonder Sirius is a prankster what with having a great aunt like this. Just why in Merlin’s name he was always surrounded with pranksters and children in adult’s body?

Just then a lady wearing a black gown and wild hair tied in a bun descended the stairs looking at the house elves in distaste as if they did wrong and she had no idea about it. He would have missed it if not for the very same colored eyes looking at him like that time to time. Sirius not only has her eyes but also must have inherited the pulling prank thing from her…

“Get away from here you disgusting things”, she barked at the house elves in an overly dramatic way. Harry sighed when thinking about the upcoming meeting and what she could possibly teach him but he knew she’s important in his life and Merlin knows how the lessons will go.

He moved along with Sirius still clutching Sirius's hand not because he's scared but to give support to Sirius since he knew how the little rebellious child hated his relatives and was so hurt deep inside hiding it with mischievous mask. He tightened the hold on his godfather’s hand when she moved towards them.

“Ah the black sheep of black family... The traitor….” She would have continued the rant but something rose in the room with such intensity and so raw that she could feel it in the skin while Sirius and Harry remained oblivious to all. She turned her eyes to Harry and was surprised that she didn’t notice him till now. How could that be possible?

Harry didn’t know how or why because he couldn’t control the rage consumed his mind when she started the rant. He had heard about this kind of talk from the pureblood and it was nothing new but to direct that towards his Siri is an unforgivable crime and when she met his eyes stopping mid in the rant. Why was she looking at him strangely?