Meeting One Direction

Liam's POV

We had been circling around the area for the past 5 minutes. Paul didn't want to go down the highway cause it had been backed up from all of the accidents. The ice had gotten really bad since last night when we landed. We have a concert tonight and we can't even find the capitol building where we are supposed to be playing.

"Paul, I'm hungry," Niall complained from the back of the truck.

"Yes, Niall, we know you're hungry, but you have to wait until we get to the capitol building, then we can search for food."

"But I'm hungry now," Niall huffed.

I sighed, "Paul, we're lost, why don't we pull over and try to figure out where we are?"

"Yeah, What street are we even on?" Paul pulled the truck over to the side of the road near an intersection. He tried messing with the GPS, but it didn't want to turn on.

"The darn thing still won't work," He said, pulling out his phone.

I stared out the window. It seemed like a really cold place to be outside, but I saw a girl walking her dog not to far from the truck. These Minnesotans seem so used to the cold that they will walk in these insane amounts of snow. She must have slipped on some hidden ice because she fell to the ground, I winced.

"Ow, that had to hurt," Harry said behind me.

"You saw her fall too?" I said turning around to face him and Louis. Zayn was looking down at his phone and Niall was still complaining about being hungry.

"Yeah. Hopes she is ok." Harry said looking out the window.

"Yeah." I turned back to Paul. "Figure out where we are yet?"

"No, not yet. My phone doesn't want to load," He said after a minute sighing. He leaned back in his chair. "Should we just continue to drive around or should we just sit here?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess we could should probably ask someone for help"

"Hey, Liam, she still hasn't gotten up. Do you think she's alright? She's just laying there." Harry said, interrupting me.

"I'm not sure, I think we should go check though. Can we go see?" I asked, turning to Paul.

"In this snow? I don't know, Liam, it's coming down pretty hard. And it's freezing out," He said, still leaning back in the chair.

"Yeah, that's why I think we should go look, she's just been laying there for the past 5 minutes, Plus no fans are around." I said, grabbing my jacket. I was going whether he liked it or not.

"I don't know. She was walking her dog. It might not be that friendly, we don't need you hurt..." He sighed knowing I was going anyway "Fine, but take Harry with you." He said. I finished pulling on my coat and pulled the hood up. I opened the door and started to head over, Harry on my heels. Her dog started to bark at us. He stood over her. I heard her say something but I couldn't make out what.

"Hey, miss. Are you alright?" I said, looking down at her. Her dog sorta stepped a side, but wasn't all at ease with us.

"Um, yeah. I just slipped on some ice," She said, trying to get up, but she still was on the ice and she kept on slipping. Harry grabbed one of her arms and I grabbed the other. Her dog barked at us, but we managed to steady her onto non-icy ground without any problems.

"Thanks, I don't think I could have gotten up," She chuckled. She grabbed the leash of her dog. Then she turned to us. Her mouth almost dropped. Oh goodness..

Kat's POV

When I finally looked up at their faces my mouth almost dropped, standing in front of me was Liam Payne and Harry Styles. My heart began to beat faster and I felt my cheeks get redder even though it had to have been below freezing out. I quickly put my head down because I had a feeling that if I looked I was going to start fangirling.

"It's no problem, just helping a pretty girl out," Harry said. My cheeks got redder and hotter.

"Hey, do you think you could help us? We're lost and can't find our way to the capitol building." Liam said. I had to look up. He looked over at me, his eyes staring into mine, I was dying.

"Um, yeah, sure. Lets see. Oh, I know! Do you want to get in your car? You two look really cold," I said, they were both shivering.

"And you're not?" Harry said. I shrug and we walking back to the car.

"Hey, I didn't get your name. Mine's Liam, and this," He pointed to Harry, "is Harry."

"I'm Kaitlyn, but you can call me Kat, almost everyone does."

"That's a lovely name. Can I ask one more question?" He asked.

"Sure," I smiled up at him.

"Why are you walking your dog out here in this kind of weather?" He said, returning the smile. He looked down at Rex, who had eased up but not much.

"Oh, this is Rex. He really wanted to go on one and I couldn't say no." I said, grinning and scratching behind his ears.

"Cool." We reached the truck. Paul sat in the front looking at the ceiling. Liam opened the door and reached over to Paul, poking him.

"Hey, Paul. This girl can tell us how to get to the capital." Liam said, still poking Paul.

"Really? Great." He sat up and looked over at me. "Are you cold? Your shivering." I was sorta cold. Harry scooted over and patted the seat next to him. I wasn't sure at first, but I finally sat down next to him. Liam then sat in his seat, shutting the door. I couldn't because of Rex.

"Hi, I'm Louis" Louis was sitting next to Harry. He points at Zayn" This is Zayn." Zayn looked up from his phone, smiled, then looked back down. Louis then pointed to Niall,"Niall."

Niall sat up and said," Hello."

"Hey," I said, his eyes reminded me of Rex's.

"You wouldn't happen to have any food would you?" He asked, looking very serious.

"NIALL!" All the guys said at once.

"What?! I'm starving."

"Sorry, I don't have any food," I say. He looked sad. He sat back down, crossing his arms. I couldn't help a smile.

"Okay, So how do you get to the capitol, miss?"

I give them a list of directions, trying to think of the least trafficked streets. Liam was typing on his phone. "Thanks for your help, Kat," He said.

"Anytime, your concert is in front of the capital isn't it?"

"Close, it's next to it, on the right I believe. Are you coming to see us play?" Asked Louis.

"Yeah, my friend won tickets."

"Great, can't wait to see you again." Harry said. "Now can we go get some food before Niall shrinks into a skeleton?"

"Yeah, we should go. Thanks for your help again." Harry gave me a hug as well as Louis. Zayn and Niall tried but the seats were in the way, so we just said goodbye and smiled.

I got out of the car and shut the door, Liam got out as well and gave me hug. I thought my pocket moved but it was probably just the wind.

"Thanks, Kat. Can't wait to see you at the concert."

"Me too. See ya later," I said. He let go and walked back to the car, waving once more before shutting the door and then driving off. I looked down at Rex and smiled. I stuck my hands in my pocket and started to walk off when I felt a piece of paper that was not there before. I stopped despite the pulling of the leash, unfolding the piece of paper. I nearly freaked, on the little piece of paper was Liam's number!