Chapter 1

~Y/N's POV.~

I was walking home after a long day of running the bakery, my H/L H/C locks brushing against my soft face as I walked along the cobbled path. I saw my house in the distance, it was in the style of an old pub with ivy plastering the walls. I had a bag of groceries in my left hand containing the ingredients to my famous chocolate croissants and my right hand over the leather strap of my guitar case that was slung over my shoulder. As I skipped past, I saw groups of people chatting and faintly heard what it was that they were chatting about, " I heard that they're coming here," One man said in a hushed tone. "Yeah, that's right, the seven deadly sins, the new heroes of the kingdom" Another whispered in response. My eyes immediately went wide as I relived my past in an instant, memories running through my head. I quickened my pace and started sprinting towards my house. People were looking at me but I didn't care. I hastily unlocked my door and ran into my house.

I threw my possessions onto my bed and headed towards the bathroom. "Not them, why them?!" I screamed at my reflection, "I finally have my life back on track and they just show up to ruin it!" I slowly pulled my H/C hair away from my neck, revealing my burgundy leopard crest that was embellished into my skin, my hands shaking. 'Why did the King assign me to them, the people who ruined my life, granted it was after he assigned me to them but...' I thought. I sighed and changed into my F/C and S/F/C pyjamas then turned in the direction of my bedroom. I sat on my F/C duvet, my guitar cradled in my arms. I slowly started to strum on the strings playing the melody to my favourite song. Eventually, I calmed down and started singing along to the tune. The lyrics flew out of my mouth like an angel's chorus and made me want to cry because of the memories it brought up. Obviously, I didn't but I was close. My eyes shut and listened to the song that I loved so dearly. I breathed out heavily but calmly as I realised the song was over. I felt a sting in my wings telling me someone had seen them. I convince myself that it was just typical pain and decide to look outside. I turned to my window to look at the night sky when I saw someone, floating in front of it. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing Ok and they were gone. I was dumbstruck. I know I'm the sin of insanity and all, but I swear to god. Did I just see King?!

~King's POV.~

"Why did captain send me out to find Y/N all on my own," I mumbled to myself. It's not that I didn't want to find her or anything, it's just that I wanted to spend more time with the others. I flew around on my Chastiefol, looking into windows and listening to voices, occasionally stopping for a break on top of rooves. 'So Y/N and Escanor are the only ones that are left huh?' I think to myself. I could handle Escanor not being with us but I won't truly be happy until we find Y/N. I've known her longer than anyone else, her being a fairy after all. We were best friends since birth and practically joined at the hip until I left her and my other friends for knight duty. Obviously, that means she went through the same things as Helbram and all the others of the fairy kind (the fairy kings kingdom being burnt down and the slaughter of fairy's). 'If I hadn't left her and the others than her wings...' My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a guitar in the distance. I flew towards the sound until I found myself staring at a girl through her bedroom window. She was very talented. I sat there listening for a while. She started singing and I recognised her voice. I took a closer look at her through the window. I stared at her back until I saw a faint, F/C glimmer. They would be hard to spot but being the fairy king, it wasn't much of a challenge for me to notice a pair of wings on her back. They were under a spell so that you couldn't see them if you didn't know they were there. That spell doesn't tend to work on fairies for very long though as eventually, they find out. 'Oh no, damn it!' I internally scream. It sends a pain through your wings when the spell is detected. I facepalmed. This is a problem. I float there as she stares at me, waiting for an opportunity to get away. She rubbed her eyes and I fled back towards the boar hat. That voice, that face and wings. No doubt about it. I can't be mistaken. That's Y/N. I fly as fast as my Chastiefol will allow me. "I need to tell the others!"