Chapter 5

“Lock the doors!” Xaimyreath suddenly shouted. When the others just stared at her, uncomprehending, she added, “Now, dummies!”        

Even though they weren’t sure why, Prithzie and Shecainah locked the two doors again and turned back to Xaimy to ask some more explanation.        

Xaimy stood up and approached Phyjie. “Every one of you experienced thatthis morning too?” They all exchanged unsure glances before nodding their heads.        

“So what does this mean? What’s happening?” Mellie asked, staring hard at the wands, torn between jumping in joy or shaking in fear. “Those are real wands…so we are really witches—”        

“But we haven’t tried them yet. I haven’t,” Ally finally spoke up, summoning the mature her underneath the cowardly girl that she was.        

“Is that even a problem? Then we try them now,” Shé said, rolling her eyes as she walked towards Phyjie to snatch her wand back.        

“Hey! How do you kno—“Prithzie stopped herself, thinking momentarily. “Even I know that’s yours. How come?” she asked.        

“Let’s see. Come here, all of you, and get your wands,” Phyjilirae suggested. Everyone else did except Shecainah, who already had hers, and Gremy, who was still knocked out on the floor. “One, two, three!” And they all reached out. Surprisingly, none of them reached for the same wand even though the wands were almost identical if not for the length. “How exciting!” Phyjie exclaimed.        

“Can we try it now?” Xaimy excitedly asked.        

“Wait! There’s still the problem of Gremebelle,” Claramelle reminded and they all simultaneously turned their heads to Gremy on the floor. Then Gremy moved shortly after. “Oh, she’s awake now,” Mellie uttered, moving over to help Gremy get up.        

Gremebelle felt weird. First of all, she was lying on the floor. Second, six weird girls were now staring at her quizzically. Third, they were each holding out black sticks. Fourth, when she found hers lying out just beside her bag, she contemplated that she was not the only one with a wand now. “What happened?” she slowly asked Claramelle beside her.        

“Well, there were weird lights, and then weirder things happened. You flew and screamed and spoke a much weirder thing. Then we found out the weirdest thing ever,” Mellie explained breathlessly. Then finished it with, “We are witches, the seven of us.”        

Gremebelle didn’t so much reacted except that she stood up, got her wand and bag and sat back on her seat, saying as she grabbed her book back, “Of course we are.”       

  Shé grunted loudly while others just sighed, getting on their feet. They looked at each other as if communicating with their eyes and nodded. They all approached Gremebelle, who was reading her book back as if nothing just happened to her or to any of them.        

“What happened to you?” Mellie started. “What did you mean about what you said?” Xaimy followed.

“What do you know about all these magical things that are happening?” Prithzie asked. “What are you really?” Shé asked, sounding totally curious.

“Or we in that matter,” Ally added. “How can you levitate like that?” Phyjie ended.

Gremebelle let out a small sigh, laid the book open on the table and pointed something on the page. Ally, who was closest to her, read, “Seer…?”

The other six gasped loudly. “You’re a seer? For real?”

“I think so. So what I just said, according to you, have some hidden meaning in it. And since I don’t remember what I just said, it’s all up to you to discover that,” she said.

That was the longest sentence that Gremebelle spoke since the girls met her, so they were quite dumbfounded. They were just called back to earth by a sequence of knocks on the door on their right.

“Better hide those now,” they heard Gremy say. With panic, they hastily shoved their wands back to their bags and unconsciously agreed to stick together, sitting at the table with Gremy and the next table to her.

Since Xaimy was the last to settle herself, the other ordered her with their eyes towards the door. With a sigh of defeat, she put her bag on her seat first before opening the innocent door. “Hello!”

Just as the seven of them heard that greeting from the unknown girl who knocked on the door, the train screeched into a stop in front the grand white school of Chantris. “Ms. Foxrell told me to fetch you. The others were already with her, you see,” the girl said with a very sweet smile.

She was as tall as Prithzyrene and Shecainah. She has the same blackness of hair as Xaimy waving just above her waist. She was wearing transparent glasses like Ally and Gremy only they were square. She has the same warm but creepy smile as Phyjie and Mellie’s way of standing. We all just blinked at her like idiots so she added, “Just follow me immediately if you’re ready to go, alright?” Then she turned around and disappeared to the compartment number 1, where the train exit was located. Xaimy looked at the other girls and raised her brow. “We’re here,” she said.

        When the seven girls finally stepped out of the train with their bags, Sky quickly nudged the other two and hushed them, pointing to the girls with his head.

        Leehro’s face broke into a smile and waved. “Hey! Missie, Airineath!”

        Ally’s face hastily fell into a scowl. “I told you! It’s Allyneath!” She shouted, walking quickly towards the red-head guy. With him were two more handsome lads, And when Ally realized this, she blushed and stopped abruptly on her heels, dropping her hand that was held up to hit Leehro somewhere.

        “Easy miss,” Sky said, half-laughing. Then he jerked his head as a greeting to Claramelle, who was timidly smiling at him. Xaimy noticed this and it was her time to tease Mellie back.

        “Hey, Mellie. The SKY is beautiful right?” she said with some intended emphasis. Mellie just hit her with her elbow and Xaimy snickered in return.

        “Don’t you see that it’s full of clouds?” Shé said matter-of-factly, rolling her eyes and then batting her lashes to the three guys, especially

Cowell, who just scoffed at her. Shecainah was insulted but when she was about to confront Cowell, Prithzy beside her suddenly grabbed her arm back.

        “Where’s your ride? Back at the junk shop?” Prithzy asked, cocking an upset eyebrow.

        Cowell slowly smirked at her. He looked so gorgeous that Prithzy almost forgot her tough act. Just almost. “Miss it already? Don’t worry, you’ll be riding it again back to your palace, princess.”

        In frustration, Prithzy just balled her fists on her sides. Beside her, Gremy was remembering the assuring smile Sky gave her when the weird thing happened to her this morning. She was still thinking about asking him if he knew about it when someone blurted it out in the open.

        “You knew! You know, don’t you? About—“ Phyjie eagerly exclaimed pointing at Sky, who was just blinking at her. But Gremy swiftly covered her mouth and was about to speak herself, when someone spoke before her again.

        “Girls? Is there any problem?” the familiar voice of Ms. Foxrell interrupted them all from behind them.