He chuckled. “Well you’re here now, so why don’t you get the new customers at table 15?”

I nodded sending him a grateful look. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I got fired. Tying my apron around my waist, I stuck my pad and pen in the pocket.

Once I opened the door that led to the tables lightning flashed. I sighed. I loved thunderstorms and just wanted to be outside. I guess I’ll have to wait until after work. When I turned around to table 15, my heart stopped and my hands started sweating. I can’t serve him! Oh god. This is not happening.

Maybe I should just pretend nothing happened and be confident? I mean, I’m a pretty confident person usually, so I guess it won’t be too hard. Unless he stares at me. Or even looks at me.

Wait- what is wrong with me? Why do I care if Oliver looks at me? He’s just a student. He’s just a normal human being.

With that, I straightened my back and headed over to the table that contained Oliver, Robby, and Derek. They all turned their heads toward me at the same time. That was creepy.

“Hi,” I plastered a smile on my face. “I’m Ellie and I’ll be your waitress,” I began placing napkins on the table to each person, trying my best to avoid looking at him and instead focusing my attention to Derek. “Can I get you anything to drink?”

Derek put down his menu, still looking at me. “Corona please.”

I furrowed my eye brows. “You’re not 21,” I pointed out.

He raised an eyebrow. “So?”

“Well I can get fired,” I frowned at him as I placed my hand on my hip. He was not going to be the reason I’m leaving this place.

Sighing, he glanced down at the menu again. “I guess I’ll take a Coke.”

“Better,” I sent him- what I hoped to be- a smile. “You?” I turned to Robby.

He smirked as he looked at me and then at Oliver. He put on a knowing smile.  “What would you recommend?”

“Well I’d get a smoothie- preferably banana. And then add whipped cream on top, with a fresh cherry. Oh! And then I’d add blue berries in it,” I told him my favorite drink of all time.

Keeping the smirk on his face, he replied, “I’ll try it.”

“Really?” I asked taken back.

“Yeah. Why not?” The smirk turned into a natural smile.

“Well most people don’t like blueberries with banana,” I explained trying to stall before I had to take Oliver’s order.

“Well they’re dumb. I actually really like that.”

My eyebrows raised and a satisfied grin appeared on my face. “You are officially my favorite customer- no wait, my favorite person. I like, love you already.” Anybody who loves blueberries with banana will become my favorite person since pretty much no one likes it.

“Love you too babe,” he winked. I bit my lip to try and stop the blush- it didn’t work.

A growl had me jumping. “I don’t think flirting with the customer is in your job description,” Oliver growled out.

Before Robby could respond, I did first. “Well there’s always a time to bend the rules,” I winked at Robby as I did my best to remain confident. My hands were getting clammy and I couldn’t stop moving them.

Oliver made a noise that sounded close to a growl. I frowned. That was not human like. Then, I remembered I’m at work and have other customers.

“What would you like to drink?” I asked him putting on my smile. I kept my focus on the chair he was sitting on instead of him. I didn’t dare look at him.

“I’ll have a Sprite.”

I nodded- though I doubt he saw since he was glaring at Robby- and walked away.

A couple minutes later I went back to their table to give them their drinks.

“So have you guys decided what you want?” I asked as I handed them each their drinks- pointedly avoiding eye contact with Oliver.

“Yeah,” Derek responded. “I’ll have a cheeseburger- no pickles.”

“I’ll get the same thing, but with pickles,” Oliver told me while handing me the menu. I nodded and turned to Robby.

“What about you?” I raised an eyebrow waiting for him.

His eyebrow was furrowed on his forehead as he stared at the menu.

“Or do you need more time?”

“No,” he answered immediately. “I’ll have a meat quesadilla.”

I chuckled. “Good choice.”

“Glad you like it,” he winked.

Rolling my eyes, I turned away but I vaguely heard the sound of a punch- or slap- from behind me. Such boys. Once I went into the kitchen to tell the chef the orders, my heart went back to its normal beating.

I sighed. He was looking at me that whole time. No boy has ever had this effect on me so why is he all of a sudden different? I don’t even know him! But for some reason I was so hurt that he didn’t want to go out with me.

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair. This is just way too confusing for me to handle. Time to get back to work.

“Just call me if you need anything else,” I sent the boys a smile before turning around.

“Wait!” I heard Derek call.

“Yes?”

“Can I have more Coke?” he asked holding up his drink.

“Yeah. That it?”

Derek looked around. “I guess so,” he smiled and went back to his conversation with Oliver.

Robby looked over Derek’s shoulder since he was on the inside and sent me a wink. Biting my lip I walked away to the bar while they began eating.

I sat on the stool nearest me. For some strange reason, I couldn’t find it in myself to like Robby. It’s like something inside me doesn’t want me with him and it bothers me because it wants me to flirt with Oliver, not Robby.

And for another weird reason, I kinda like Oliver. The way he is all mysterious and his voice- oh god his voice. It’s like I can’t get enough. Maybe I should try to make him say my name..

Oh my gosh Ellie. What are you thinking? I need to forget about him because he seemed to do a good job with that.

Shaking my head, I went over to the couple I was serving.

Not a lot.. but I'm leaving for vacation in 5 hours so i need sleep(: goodnight coolers