"Thanks. I wonder what he thinks though. I told him I like him, and he said I still have a chance too. Is he choosing between us now...?" Minhyuk found this a bit funny, like they were in a k-drama, but he tried not to laugh.

Changkyun shrugged, his grin getting bigger as well.

Suddenly the door opened and a head poked in from the gap. "Changkyun and Minhyuk-hyung, the game's starting, he told us there are only a few more left, let's go!" Jooheon waved his hand and smiled, enthusiasm radiating all the way from the door to where Minhyuk and Changkyun was standing.

Changkyun and Minhyuk shared a quick look before looking towards Jooheon, starting to walk towards the door.

"Can you guys run? At least show that you care that you're late?" Jooheon shouted, laughing right after.

Once they entered the room, the door closed automatically behind them, and the game started.

Game after game they played, the supposedly "fun" and "exciting" ones turning tedious and dull, mainly because there was no heart put into them. Over and over again they repeated the objective, which was to rush through the games so this could be over, as if they would forget if they didn't remind themselves constantly.

"Let's not doing anything this round so we all lose."

"We can work together and give each other our answers, to speed this up."

"Just press random buttons, I don't care if we get negative points."

Despite the warning Smiley gave them, no one, not even Minhyuk, tried to win anymore. They gave up on giving any effort, refusing to satisfy the man behind all this. Minhyuk was swayed, recognizing the stupidity of believing empty promises by the psychopath and noticing the possibility of gaining what he wanted, by himself.

"I don't give a shit about what he thinks. He can't do anything even if we stop playing his games completely." This was the most frequently said sentence, seemingly being the most encouraging words that filled everyone with determination, determination to end this without giving Smiley what he wanted, to end this as quick as possible and get home.

However, this determination didn't cancel the fact that the journey was strenuous, difficult to say the least.

It became increasingly hard to maintain the strength and faith with every other game they had to play. Dread was filling up their bodies, leaving no space for encouraging thoughts, dragging them down slowly like heavy weights on shoulders.

Changkyun and Kihyun seemed to have suffered most from their inner turmoil, being urged close to tears on several occasions and even being caught hiding in a corner sobbing once or twice. Others kept strong, or at least tried to, hiding their true feelings under a mask that kept them quiet and reserved. But even then, it was clear how the mask was straining their scrunched faces.

Knowing they had another night to get through was most devastating of them all, even having told they only had one more bonus game to get through the following morning.

At least Kihyun's cooking bought some kind of liveliness back to the group.

After dinner, they returned to their new rooms, this time, to their relief, separated into two smaller bedrooms. Shownu, Hyungwon, and Wonho in one and the rest in the other.

Though they didn't show much of a reaction, it was clear to Shownu that Hyungwon and Wonho were delighted to share the same room. It contrasted hugely with his discontent of not being able to talk with Kihyun. Apparently Kihyun still didn't want to get too close to Shownu. The last conversation they had felt incomplete, at least to him. Maybe he just missed Kihyun.