Chapter Three

Sidharth's POV

"How is this happening?!" I become frustrated.

I quickly dial a number on my phone.

"We had an agreement!" I state as the person answers the call.

"Yes we do...."

"So why can't you stick to it?!"

Shraddha's POV

"Your husband sounds like a funny man." I chuckle as Alia tells me about him.

"I wouldn't change him for the world." Alia smiles and suddenly that smile fades.

"Ugh!" She groans as she receives a message on her phone.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I have to rush into work, Harshi your gonna have to come with me." She stands up.

"Mum I don't wanna come it's so boring." She pouts.

"You have no other choice." Alia says putting her handbag on her shoulder.

"She can come home with me while you go to work?" I suggest. At least I'll have some company. Being alone in that house is depressing.

"Really?" Harshali's face lights up.

"If you want to." Though I'm not sure how Sidharth will react. But hopefully she'll be gone by the time he returns.

"No n-"

"Mum pleaseeee!" Harshali begs her.

"Shraddha are you sure?" She asks.

"Yeah at least I'll have a little company too." I smile.

"Okay, I'll pick her up about 8, if I can't then her dad probably will. Don't play up!" She says hugging Harshali.

"Don't worry."

"Thanks Shraddha! I owe you one. I'll see you guys later." She hugs me and leaves.

"Thank you for saving me from dying of boredom in my mums office." Harshali happily says.

"Your welcome." I chuckle. "That's me at home."

My phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Where are you?" My husband questions.

"I just went to grab a few bits I'm on my way home." I reply.

"Make it quick. I've finished early from work." He ends the call.

I sigh. Maybe taking Harshali with me is not a good idea. Sidharth is not such a friendly person.

I hold onto her hand as we cross the road and then drive home.

"Woah!" She exclaims as we get out the car. "Is this your house?"

I nod.

"It's huge!" Her jaw drops.

We then go inside.

"Shraddha." Sidharth calls from upstairs.

I give Harshali the tv remote to keep her occupied and head upstairs to my bedroom.

"What took you so long?"

"Traffic." I put my handbag away. "How come you finished early today?" I ask loosening his tie.

"Just...so what did you get?" He asks staring at me weirdly.

"They didn't have what I wanted in stock, but I bumped into a friend. We had a good catch up." I say taking his jacket and putting it away.