VIII. BROTHERLY LOVE

Start from the beginning

" I was just out sightseeing brother," She tried to sound as casual as ever," I went to the park to get some fresh air, to see if the colonizers could really make street food as good as we do, of course, I already know the answer to that."

She shrugged, hiding her hands behind her back and smiling at him innocently.

It wasn't technically a lie.

" Ah," T'Challa hummed, playing along," I see. If you wanted to do so we could've done it together, but you wanted to be alone? "

Shuri nodded.

"Or were you going with someone ?"

Shuri tensed, but she wasn't going to let him find out that easily," Peter couldn't come with me, he already had plans with Michelle and Ned. Mr. Stark doesn't sound like good company either, and I don't want to be cooped up too long in the lab."

" Says the girl who stayed in hers for a week to design new prototypes for the mining trains," Okoye scoffed, joining in.

" You're on his side ?" Shuri exclaimed, sounding betrayed.

" I'm on no one's side," She replied, trying to keep her composure and not scold her as well," We are just both worried Shuri. There is no need to lie."

" I'm sixteen," She huffed," I had my tech with me."

" You're also the princess of Wakanda," T'Challa scowled," Klaue's men could be everywhere looking for you, now that they know you're here. Or even worse, HYDRA agents now that we are working with SHIELD. Your tech might not be enough to protect you."

Shuri bowed her head, giving in," Fine. I'm sorry."

"We are not angry with you," He spoke, voice softer this time," We're just afraid that something might happen to you."

" I know big brother," She murmured, slinging her bag over her shoulders and taking the glasses off her head," I won't do it again."

" I can't tell you what to do, you're too stubborn to listen to me," T'Challa rolled his eyes, and that earned him a smirk from Shuri," But I just want you to turn on your Kimoyo beads next time, and bring your escorts."

" Just the kimoyo beads please," She shot Okoye an apologetic look," Not that I don't want the Dora to come, but can't a girl get some privacy around here?"

" Alright, just turn on the Kimoyo beads and tell the boy I said hello."

Shuri nearly dropped her bag, her eyes widening as she stood grounded in place. The once quick mouthed teen was now rendered speechless, she opened her mouth but nothing came out.

The blood was drained out of her cheeks. She's never been caught off guard before ( not ever since T'Challa beat her in a game of traditional chess.)

" You," Shuri trailed off, but the king of Wakanda and his general was already walking away, hands behind his back. Shuri couldn't see his face, but she could tell that he had a smug grin plastered across it.

" How ?" Shuri exclaimed, following behind them. She couldn't hide the embarrassment of being outsmarted, it made her red to the tips of her ears.

" I have my ways, little sister," He hummed," Is he your new boyfriend?"

She gritted her teeth, trying to not turn redder than she already is, " We've just met, genius !"

Okoye chuckled," Ah, young love."

Shuri covered her face with her hands, groaning as she leaned herself against the wall," I hate you both."

" What's his name ?"  T'Challa asked.

Shuri bit her bottom lip, trying to decide whether she should tell him.

" Brian," She sighed, stubbornly looking away," His name is Brian."

Shuri might not have seen it, with T'Challa's back on her, but the general of Wakanda warily looked at her king as he smirked to himself.

She shot him a warning look, as if pointing out that he knew something she didn't. It also translates to Okoye's way of saying, ' Don't do anything stupid.'

She turned to look at the young princess, who had her arms crossed against her chest stubbornly and cheeks puffed out in annoyance.

This is going to be a long night.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Ahhh I hope this chapter is okay, feel free to ask questions if you're confused about where the story is going

Feedback and comments are much appreciated !

Thank you for waiting !

- Alylah xx